Monday, July 6, 2009

We've made it to Houston. Bill thought I got us lost when we got off the freeway, but I was right! If he had just kept going we would have gone straight to the hotel with no problem. Our little studio is set up nicely except for the kitchen. The cabinets are all waaay up high. I did not bring my stepstool, so Bill will have to do some kitchen duty to get the dishes down, especiall if he wants me to cook!

We still have to find a grocery store to get some supplies. There's a shuttle in the morning that will get us to the hospital. St. Luke's is across from the MD Anderson Cancer Center and we can see it from the hotel. The entire medical center area is HUGE.

There are lots and lots of cranes in the area. Whether this is new construction, or still repairs from Hurricane Ike is unknown. I was impressed with what I saw coming in. Of course the route we took is different from where we were before, but there was no left over destruction. There also weren't a lot of bare areas from tree loss. I told Bill I would like to go back to the area we were in to see the Chase Building. We saw it before the storm when it was sandbagged, we saw it after with all of the windows blown out and I would like to see it now to see if the area has recovered.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived intact. Bill might just buy another step stool for you. Ha. Try to enjoy yourselves while in Houston. Go see your girlfriend and catch up on old times. Keep up the good work monitoring your blog. Look forward to the next installment. Phillis

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this is a first never been in a blog glad the trip went well only question is will tring this stesm cell study take him off the heart transplant list or make him unable to get a heart if one becomes avable. hope all he test go well all our love Harris & Beth

    ReplyDelete