Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What a full day, and they weren'te able to do one of the tests! We got to the hospital at 9:45 and left at 3:30. So far everything looks good. Our nurse told us that there is only 1 slot left in this particular study and there was 1 person in front of Bill. If he "tests out" then Bill would be in, providing everything is ok with all of his tests. If the other person makes it, the next one would start in 28 days and Bill would be first in line for it. The bad part of that means that all of these tests would have to be repeated to make sure nothing had changed in the meantime.

The test that we're waiting on is supposed to ready next week. So it looks like we will probably be coming home on Thursday, going to see Dr. Garrett in Memphis on Tuesday and then heading back here so they can do the test on Thursday and back home by the week-end. Like I said before, we need frequent driver miles!

For those of you who have left comments or asked questions, I have just now figured out how to see the comments, and to reply. Of course the reply goes into the same post as the comment and question, so I will try to include the answers in the next post. Some of you won't be interested in the info, but right now that will be the easiest for me until I figure out more about using this.

Harris, you asked how this will affect the transplant. He can still have the transplant. He can also drop out of the study at any time. So, if they call with a heart he will leave the study. The only risk is kinda like a false negative test. A test they do for, I think, RPA can show readings that may lead the transplant team to think that a heart is not compatible. But, your dad has weighed the facts and wants to proceed with the research. The nurse said that only 2 have had elevated numbers.

Linda, you wanted to know where the site came from. I went to Blogger.com to start and after I set up the account and named the blog, they set the blogspot.com of the account. You don't have to publish the blogs you set up. I also have one that is my own private journal, even though I keep a handwritten journal. Sometimes I think of things when I'm at work and don't have my journal so this lets me get the thoughts down.

We still haven't found a grocery store to get some supplies and there aren't too many restaurants in the area that we can see.

Thanks for the comments. I'll post again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment