Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where to begin? This has been a crazy week, it seems. As soon as I got our Easter ham in the crockpot the stomach bug that Emily had earlier in the week hit. Bill got ham sandwiches for Easter dinner! But, it only last about 24 hours and I started taking meds as soon as it started so we were able to have our Easter dinner on Monday.

Our weather again was ugly, cold and rainy. Wednesday was cloudy and cold and windy, but we went to Jonesboro to shop for furniture. Bought a really pretty sofa and loveseat. All of it reclining. We had noticed that we were both nearly laying down on the sofa now so decided to go for it and get the recliners. They will be here toward the end of the month. Ryan is going to take our old sofa and loveseat. We keeping the recliner and chaise lounge.

Thursday I woke up with a very strange sore throat. It didn't hurt to swallow, but it hurt to turn my head and to touch. And, it's not my neck but my throat. As the day wore on the worse I felt and ended up sleeping on the couch to stay away from Bill. I also couldn't get comfy in bed. Em checked with her drs. and they said if there was no fever to take Aleve or Advil since they both have an anti-imflammatory. I've felt better the last 2 days but my throat still hurts some. I probably have tonsilitis. And yes, even though I'm almost 59 years old, I still have my tonsils!

The sun has finally decided to shine and today we both had lots of energy. Bill and Ron worked on the generator, getting it ready before the summer storm season starts and I cleaned and made a Walmart run.

Poor little McKenna, our granddaughter, got hit with the stomach virus yesterday morning and she got the full thing. Didn't start keeping anything down until late last night. She told me today she was very weak. She started feeling better this afternoon so I think she's over the hump with it too.

Tomorrow is a very big day for us. McKenna and Ryan are both going to be baptized! We're all going to church together and Ryan's dad and step-mom are also coming. It will be strange to be with them, even though we get along well. But tomorrow would have been our 40th anniversary, so to spend it with an "ex" will be different!

I realize these last few posts have not had much to do with Bill. He's still doing quite well. When we were shopping this week, he bought a book on learning to play the piano. For some reason he doesn't want me to try to teach him. Anyway, he was going to sit at the piano when I went to Walmart today. It will be good therapy for his hands and he said his left hand was really hurting after using it so much. He does seem to want to only sit and watch TV and it's getting harder for me to come up with ideas to engage him in something.

A young man we know had a successful kidney transplant Thursday night/Friday morning and is doing quite well. And, the friend of a young woman here in town died suddenly Thursday from a brain aneurism in Shreveport, La. He was an organ donor and it makes me wonder if Steven got Ian's kidney. We'll probably never know.

April is Nation Organ Donation Month and if you aren't an organ donor, I encourage you to do so. It doesn't cost anything, doesn't hurt, and only takes a couple of minutes of your time.

All for this week, I've rambled on long enough! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment