Saturday, June 28, 2014

I'm going to try to get this done. I woke up with a killer headache that isn't going away. I've also apparently slept wrong the past couple of nights and have a very sore neck and shoulder. I'm just falling apart!

We had a nice visit in Illinois last week, which is why there was no post. Saw some classmates from the class of 1972, some I hadn't seen since graduation. Others for more than 15 years! We had a good time catching up. We also saw my nephew and met his girlfriend. They seem very happy together. Didn't get to see Mom and Gene much, they weren't feeling well and Gene was diagnosed with shingles, so we said we would spend more time with them on the next trip, whenever that will be.

Bill did quite well on the trip. He didn't seem to get too tired out. He really wasn't looking forward to the reunion, but he knew it was important to me, so he toughed it out. We haven't done too much since we've been home, but that's OK too.

We got some good news while we were in Illinois, Ryan finally was able to get a job. He's working at an auto repair business and really seems to like it. They're teaching him things he didn't know and he said the pay goes up as you are able to do more.
But, we got some sad news yesterday, but it was news I already suspected. Our daughter-in-law finally admitted she was not pregnant. We knew she wasn't because her due date was next week and, unfortunately, I look more pregnant than she does! I think she lost the baby in March because that's the last she talked about the baby, but I don't know why they didn't just tell us then. There's no shame in losing a pregnancy, I lost one myself.

We can tell it is summer. It's been miserably hot and supposed to be hotter this week. It's also been very humid with showers popping up. We were put under a flash flood warning the other night. Radar showed that we had received between 2 and 4 inches of rain with another 1 to 3 inches expected. Trouble was, we hadn't received a drop of rain! But, a few miles up the road in Missouri, there was a deluge!

That's about all I can think of with my head pounding like it is. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day. The celebration has already started in our neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment