Saturday, July 26, 2014

Another week down. This one seemed to go very fast!

Bill had another episode with his leg not wanting to work. This is not the leg affected by the stroke. But, it is the leg that had "something" go on after his LVAD implant. The drs. never did determine what happened then and he hasn't had any trouble with it since then except for now. I really think that he's just been sitting too much and it's going to sleep.

I also misspoke last week about K'zalee being our next to youngest great-grandchild. There are 2 younger than her, not 1. It's hard to keep them all straight! Brianna babysat for her most of the week and she, K'zalee not Brianna, adapted really well. She didn't cry much when Tina dropped her off, unless she was really tired, and most of the time she didn't want to go home!

It seems like we've really been running the roads. We made the trip to Millington, TN to get my ID renewed, Jackson, TN to get my car serviced, Paragould, AR to take the kids to Ryan, and a trip to Jonesboro, AR for a little shopping! I'll need another oil change before long if we keep that up!

Today is McKenna's 10th birthday party! Her birthday is tomorrow and Kiyann will be 7 tomorrow. They are both growing way too fast! I still have presents to wrap, although Kenna just wanted money this year. She's finally decided she likes shopping!

We did have an interesting afternoon Wednesday. I got a phone call, on the home phone from a lady here in town who said that she had gotten a call from our number to lower her mortgage! I know that there are apps for cell phones to clone numbers and I'm sure that's what has been done. So, I called AT&T and, although the woman was very nice, no-one had heard of this happening before! They had no suggestions except to change our number and since we've had this number for 25 years, that wasn't an option. But, she looked over all of our services and suggested some changes that would save us over $100 a month! So, yesterday a technician came and upgraded some things. So, even though my problem wasn't solved, saving money is a good thing!

And, speaking of money, I was looking at an email that monitors Bill credit and saw that one of the credit cards had a really high balance. So, I check the card and saw that there was a charge for Mayo pharmacy for $833! That's about the cost of the immuno-suppressive meds that are supposed to be paid 100% by Medicare. We haven't gotten anything that I know of from Medicare or the pharmacy telling us of any changes, so my job for today and tomorrow, between birthday parties and church, is to go through paperwork to see if we have gotten something that Bill didn't show me. Then, Monday morning make some phone calls to see what's going on.

That's it for this time! Hope everyone had a good week and will have a good week-end!






No comments:

Post a Comment