Saturday, August 30, 2014

This has seemed like a very long week for some reason. Maybe because we didn't do a lot. Bill had no medical issues, although I felt bad all week-end. The air has been so heavy that breathing was difficult, even after just a few minutes outside.

We helped Ryan and Amanda get a new place Monday. Their old landlord didn't want to fix anything. The bathroom floor was falling in and they hadn't had any lights in the kitchen for more than a month. He would tell them he would be there on a certain day and then not show up, so they gave up on him. Their new landlady is very nice and picky about who she rents to. She also rents just on a month by month basis instead of a lease.

That was the highlight of the week! The rest was just normal stuff-laundry, groceries and trying to stay cool.

We're going to take a little vacation next week. Wednesday is our 24th anniversary. On our 10th anniversary we went to Gatlinburg, taking our time to get there. We're going to do the same thing again, this time heading to Natchez, Miss. The highway that leads out of town is a scenic roadway, The Great River Road, and we're going to take it instead of the interstate. It goes all the way to New Orleans. I don't even know how long we're going to be gone. We'll just play it by ear. We may also come home via the Natchez Trace Parkway which goes from Natchez to Nashville, but I'm not sure about that yet. We're also waiting until after Labor Day to go so may miss a lot of the traffic and holiday travelers.

I'm not going to take the computer, but I will take my tablet since it has all of Bill's medical information. We do still have to plan for that. I'm also not taking any craft work, knitting/crochet even though I have several "works in progress" that need attention. But, I don't want to spend all the free time with that. I am taking reading material and I'm hoping we can get a room right on the river for a couple of nights. Sitting on a balcony reading and watching the river seems like a good thing.

Since I'm not taking the computer I don't know if there will be a post next week or not. But, if there isn't, I will update when we get home, no matter what day it is. I hope everyone enjoys their last holiday of the summer! See you after our adventure!

1 comment: