Saturday, October 11, 2014

It was a dark and rainy day...and it's going to last awhile longer. We have a flood watch for the next few days and they are forecasting 3-5 inches of rain. So far the bulk of it seems to have gone south of us, but the main area is supposed to get to us Monday.

Our trip to Memphis went very well. The traffic Sunday afternoon was a lot heavier than I thought it would be, but the decision to go on Sunday instead of Monday morning was a good one. The hotel was 5 minutes from the dr...in the right direction...and it was a lovely room. The staff was friendly, breakfast was good, all in all a good choice. Bill's appointment went well and his colonoscopy will be Friday afternoon. We're going down Thursday afternoon so that we don't have to make the 2 hour drive AFTER he's taken his colon prep. He starts a restricted diet on Monday, can have scrambled eggs Thursday morning and then nothing but clear liquids. He takes half of the prep Thursday night and the other half Friday morning. It's a whole lot easier than trying to drink an entire gallon of stuff at one time. The worst part of this trip for me will be leaving Memphis at rush hour. When we came home Monday I was able to take another road through town some and then get on the interstate and miss the construction. I may do that again, or take another road that will get us through downtown. I'll just have to see when the time comes.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. We finally got the paperwork for the car so we got the tag transferred. We also got the payment book and I can't set the payments up online UNLESS I open a bank account with this bank. I'm not going to do that. I've thought about going to our local bank that we have banked with for more than 20 years and see if they would refinance. I'll have to remember this for any future car purchases!

We're going to visit Bill's sister and her husband in November after our Mayo visit and we're looking forward to that. We're going to stay at the little resort at the beach where we've stayed before. It's within walking distance to the beach and restaurants. I still have to make a reservation for stopping on the way home, but I haven't decided where to stop yet. We still have a little time, maybe I'll do that today before I forget.

That's all for this week. We'll just try to stay warm and dry. The temp today is not supposed to get out of the 50s. I wish I had the makings for some soup, but I don't and I don't think I'll go out to get it! We'll have to settle for something else!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not looking forward to cold weather, but cooler, soup weather sounds good! We love soup around here!

    Glad your trip went well.

    ReplyDelete