Saturday, December 6, 2014

We've had a very busy day today! It took us a couple of days to recover from our travels and get things unpacked, washed up and put away. I've been down in my back for a few days now. I'm beginning to think it's the mattress, but I don't know. I've been stressing over Christmas some. We're doing the family Christmas the 21st and I hadn't bought the 1st gift until on our way home from Illinois. So, it could be that. But, most of the gifts have been ordered and a few more bought, so feel better about it now.


Brianna, our 15 year old granddaughter, had a winter choir concert for school on Thursday. We went and they sounded really good. Bri had a little solo that we didn't know about and I could have cried she sounded so good. I hadn't heard her really sing for a long time.


Today we had Kayden, Kiyann, McKenna and Brianna. Kiyann wanted to help us decorate the Christmas tree. The tree we had been using was one that you attached to the top of a pole and it flowed down to the floor. It was pre-lit with white lights and red "berry" lights and was very pretty. We couldn't put many ornaments on it because it was built in rounds instead of branches. Anyway, when we got it up and plugged in, the top half was out. We couldn't find which bulb it was, or if it was a fuse, so, off to Walmart we head to get a new tree. We found one that would be manageable for the 2 of us to manhandle to the attic (I think). It is pre-lit and comes in 3 pieces. So we got it up and Kiyann and McKenna decorated most of it. It looks pretty good, needs to be spread a little, but now that it's getting dark out I don't notice the gaps as much.


After they got the tree done I fixed 70 pizza rolls! Bill and I had a sandwich, but they ate all of the pizza rolls. And, after lunch we baked cookies. Of course we cheated and did the premade ones. Soon after that their moms came to get them and the house is very quiet now...for a bit. Ryan and Amanda and Tori are coming to get a day bed out of the attic and staying for dinner. I've put lasagna in the crockpot. It's an amazing recipe and Amanda asked if I would make it. It's much easier than the old fashioned way, no pre-cooking the noodles.


Bill went Christmas shopping yesterday. I have to give him a pretty specific list, so I know most of what I'm getting. But, I did put jewelry down and he knows he can get any kind of jewelry. He told me the saleslady really liked what he bought! One thing we are going to do is upgrade our phones so that will be part of our Christmas. I don't have a clue as to what I'm getting him, and he's no help when it comes to a list!


That's all for this week. It's time to start getting the Christmas cards addressed and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. You're way ahead of me. I haven't bought any gifts and not even planning to put up a tree. Last year, not a single present was bought, since Michael was in the hospital awaiting transplant. This year, I don't think I have the strength to shop and wouldn't know the first thing to buy, even if I could muster the energy to brave the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do most of the shopping online now. If it weren't for the little grandkids here I would get a small table top tree. I was fun having them here yesterday, but not sure I'm really looking forward to 14 extra people in a couple of weeks! May have to break out the Xanax!

    ReplyDelete