Monday, March 9, 2015

Just heard from the dr. Bill has an appointment on Friday with the hematologist. It's a good thing we're not superstitious, it's Friday the 13th!

I've caught a lovely cold and feel really lousy. When Bill asked me this morning how I felt and I told him lousy he said that I looked lousy! At least he's honest! I stuck my head over the bathroom sink and breathed in some steamy water and that has helped some, at least I'm coughing more and getting this stuff out. I can tell that it's wanted to settle in my right lung, feels like there's a knot in at times.

I picked up my new glasses this afternoon, first time since last Wednesday that I've left the house. They are a lot lighter than the old ones and I keep wanting to make sure they are on.

It's gotten warm enough that the snow is really melting now. Bill was able to walk out to the apartment to use his treadmill. He was moving really slow when he came back in. It had been about 2 weeks since he had been on it with out trip and then the ice and snow hindering it.

For some reason, on Saturday there were more than 400 pageviews for this blog. I think that's the highest 1 day total since I've been writing it. I don't know why that happened, it must have shown up in a lot of random blog searches.

All for today, I'll let you know what we find out, if anything, in the next regular post Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be curious to hear what the hematology report is. Are they looking for anything in particular, or is this something he does periodically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a first. He had something show up in his CBC that shouldn't be there in his last bloodwork. Our PCP didn't think anything was wrong, but that lab doesn't do the part of the test that needs to be repeated. So we requested the hematology consult. It could be anything from anemia (which he is) to an infection to cancer. He's had a slight cold, but no fever, appetite is good, vitals are good, so it's a mystery so far.

    ReplyDelete