Saturday, March 7, 2015

We are snowed in and have been since Wednesday night. I couldn't sleep Wednesday night and spent a lot of time watching the snow. At times I couldn't see across the street. We finally got about 10 inches, on top of 3 inches of ice. The neighborhood roads are still atrocious, but I've heard the main roads are pretty clear. I made sure we had plenty of groceries and then went back to the store to make sure we had the essentials...cookies and chips and munchy stuff! We've only left the house far enough to get the mail. Didn't even try to take the trash out for trash day, but they didn't come through to pick it up anyway.

We still haven't heard from the dr. Emily checked and was told that they were working on it, but I think she (the nurse) just forgot about it.

We got our itinerary for Bill's annual checkup. I usually wait a little while to make our hotel reservations, but something told me to go ahead and do them, and it's a good thing I did. Where we usually stop for the night was full but there is a college close and it maybe graduation week-end. I was also barely able to get rooms in Jacksonville. The big TPC Sawgrass golf tournament starts that week-end also. Now, if for some reason we have to stay longer than planned, we could be in trouble and have to sleep in the car, or the waiting room at the hospital!

After we get back Bill wants to go to our favorite Arkansas state park for a few days. We haven't been there in years so it will be nice to see what changes have been made to the cabins. We were there when the Oklahoma City bombing took place and we would have known nothing about it if we hadn't gone out for breakfast and there was a TV at the restaurant. We bought a radio because the silence was finally getting to us! But, in the pictures of the cabins now there are TVs in them, probably because of more widespread satellite coverage.

That's about it for this installment. As soon as we hear something from the dr. I'll let everyone know. I may do some insurance checking to see if it has to be by referral or if I can just call them and request an appointment myself.

1 comment: