Saturday, September 12, 2015

Late post today...sorry for that, but I've had a busy day and have just slowed down. No, there's nothing wrong. In fact we've had a good week.

We rested Sunday from our trip and then turned around and drove to Illinois to meet my mom, step-dad, sister and niece for lunch with Kayden and Kiyann. The kids were so excited to get to go on a trip. It was a nice day, but quite a bit of traffic, as I expected there to be. We had a good time at lunch and enjoyed seeing everyone.

Tuesday we did absolutely nothing. I was really tired then and I think Bill was too. We picked up a few groceries and that was it. Wednesday was laundry and it seems like we did something else or had someone pop in but I can't remember what it was now. Is that a sign of getting old?

Finally got some groceries Thursday. Bill did some walking yesterday. Just normal stuff.

I was supposed to go to Dyersburg shopping with Mistie yesterday but we had to postpone it today. We had a good time at Joann's Fabrics and then had lunch at Applebees. I left Bill home. His lunch was in the fridge with the heating instructions on it and he managed just fine. I think it's probably good for him to be on his own some and have to do for himself. It's hard for me to let him do it when I'm home. He was going to get a haircut, but decided against it or the barber wasn't open.

Our weather has gotten cooler and is fantastic today, low 70s and it got down into the 50s last night and is supposed to be cooler tonight. I put a pot of potato soup in the crockpot this morning and I've added the cream cheese so it can be eaten at any time now. It has made the house smell really good. 

That's been our week. I'm going to Ryan and Amanda's Tuesday to take Amanda to the dr. She is starting a new job this week and gets off at 3. Her appointment is at 3:30 and Ryan has to be at work by 3:30 and they only have 1 car. Ryan's dad has dr. appointments himself that day and his step-mom will be picking her grandson up from school. Bill doesn't know if he will go with me. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and who knows how long we'll have to wait at the health dept., so he may just stay home.

Time to dish up the soup. Hope everyone has had a good week, and that you have a good  week coming up.

1 comment: