Saturday, October 24, 2015

It's a dreary, rainy day, but we need the rain so I won't complain, even though I got caught out in it this morning with McKenna. She wanted to spend the night last night and hang out with us today. She's been sick again with strep. She's on her second round of antibiotics in less than a month. Hopefully this will knock it out of her.

Sunday we drove up into the Ozark foothills to see the leaves since our local weather people had posted a map that showed them at near peak. We were disappointed, even though it was a beautiful day for a drive. The leaves that had changed were dull and not very pretty. We think it is because it was so dry this summer. But, we had a nice drive and lunch.

We got the washing machine somewhat draining again without calling a plumber. I do have to watch when it drains after the wash cycle and if I do just small loads it drains OK. There's still something clogging it somewhere, but I didn't feel like dealing with people this week, so we managed.

We were going through some things stored in the laundry room and found Bill's original digital camera. This one has to have a floppy disk in it. The battery was dead of course and who knows where the charger for it is, so went to ebay and was able to order one with an extra battery. I wouldn't have done it, but Bill's brain is in an endless loop about it now. Of course you can't buy floppy disks anymore except for obscure websites. But, this one may be easier for him to operate than the newer ones.

The rest of the week was just normal stuff. I did manage to get a haircut finally. Nobody's fault but my own for not getting it sooner! We took McKenna out to eat for breakfast and then she and I went to Walmart to get the yarn for her afghan. I finished the Captain American one for William except for sewing the star on. I also need to do the finish work of weaving ends on both the afghan and Petra's monster pants. Kenna changed her mind about the color she wanted and I had several squares made, but was getting tired of making them anyway so this was an OK change. I can use the squares for a blanket for the girls dolls. 

We'll spend next week getting ready to head to Florida. We leave next Sunday morning and will be back the next Sunday some time.  All for this post. Enjoy your week-end, however you spend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment