Saturday, November 14, 2015

Here it is, 2 pm already. Where has the day gone?

After 6 loads of laundry on Monday and grocery shopping on Tuesday, I finally was able to sit and recover from our travels. Bill also took it easy for a couple of days. But, I think we're finally almost back to normal, whatever that is.

We took the screen down from the front door and in the window since it's gotten cooler. I also was going to put the mattress warmer on the bed when I had it stripped and discovered that there were no controls in the package! Since it's been awhile since I bought it (Bill kept saying we didn't need it) I couldn't take it back. It really doesn't surprise me. Not only were there no controls, it was just a plain mattress pad. I have a feeling that someone bought, a mattress pad and a mattress warmer and then put the regular pad back into the warmer package and took it back to the store. One way to make a little money, I guess.

We had some excitement in town this week. Al Roker was at our historic bus stop on his Rokerthon 2 tour. We didn't go see him. The ones who went said he was only here for about 15 minutes before leaving for his next stop. But, there was a good crowd for him.

Bill has done better with his fluids this week. I always judge it by the amount of water bottles left in the package. I bought a package Monday and it was half gone by Wednesday, which is better than he's done for some time. But, it only has 1 more bottle missing, so he's slowing down so I'll have to remind him to start drinking again. I've noticed that he will get a bottle and drink all of it when I tell him that he needs to drink more, but he doesn't want to initiate getting the bottle.

We had a little funny this week. Our alarm system has a function with it that sounds like a doorbell when the monitored doors are opened when the alarm is off. Just a little precaution that lets us know if a door is opened when it shouldn't be without the alarm being on. Bill had gone out to use his treadmill which is located in the studio apartment attached to our garage. The door usually pings a couple of times while he's out there. He keeps the door open so that he can see out while he's walking but will shut it if he's in the bathroom. I heard the door ding a couple of times, pretty close together, and then it kept dinging. I wondered what he was doing, but didn't want to go check on him. When he came in I asked what he had been doing and he said there was a wasp in the room and he was trying to shoo it out. It kept landing near the door so he would open it and swat at it to get it out. He finally just killed it! That explained the door dinging, but it was sure driving me bonkers!

That's it for this week, nothing exceptional going on. I still haven't uploaded the pictures of the sunrise/sunset yet. Just call me lazy! Have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment