Friday, November 20, 2015

This has been the longest week! I have said/thought that every day beginning Tuesday! I don't know why it has seemed that way. We aren't anticipating anything coming up or looking forward to anything special. But, it has been very long...and it's still only Friday!

I decided to do this tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow. I've caught a lovely cold and feel horrible and I'm hoping I can sleep some tomorrow. I haven't slept well all week, which is contributing to the cold I'm sure.

Bill has had a normal week, walking every day for at least 1 hour. He did go back out for another hour a couple of days and today he walked for 1 1/2 hours. But, his fluid intake has dropped again and he was up with leg cramps again in the night.

Our weather has been strange, which has contributed to my cold. It was very warm the first part of the week, near 80 and very windy and rainy. We didn't get as much rain as predicted, but we got enough. Of course now it has gotten cold and is supposed to get colder tomorrow. We already have a wind advisory for tomorrow and a freeze warning for tomorrow night. It will be a good week-end for lighting the fireplace. 

Bill has started wearing pajamas, which is very out of character for him. But, I had told him before that he wouldn't be so cold in the night if he would at least wear some sleep pants. And, lo and behold, as we got ready for bed one night he put on a pair of pajama pants. I told him he had about 3 more pairs of pajamas that we had gotten when he was in the hospital. He could wear those at times instead of hospital gowns. So, I got them out and washed them up and he's worn a pair every night since. He's even started following me and getting out of clothes and into them earlier in the evening. 

Emily asked me if I could make mashed potatoes for her Wednesday for their youth group Thanksgiving dinner. She brought me 10 lbs. of potatoes and milk and butter and 2 crockpots. So, I peeled and chopped all the potatoes and got them cooked for her. The peeling and chopping was fine (except for trying to peel and chop my thumb), but the mashing and whipping, even with the electric mixer, was another story. By the time I got them all the in the crockpot I could hardly move my fingers! But, she said they were all eaten so they must not have been too lumpy. Then again, it was teenagers and they still will eat just about anything!

That's about it for our week. Bill has had his meds for the night so I can take more cold medicine and my normal meds and go to bed early. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. 

We have no plans for Thanksgiving, other than not cooking. The kids are going to the in-laws so it's just the 2 of us. Our Holiday Inn has had a buffet in the past on Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm trying to find out if they are having it this year. Otherwise we'll figure something out. I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. If you are spending the day with family, have a good time of fellowship. Even though I'm not cooking, I'm still thankful for the 3 extra years we've been given so far.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. This will be the first time in our entire married life that hubby and I will be alone for Thanksgiving, without any of the kids, or grandkids. It's going to be really, really strange. At least the kids are all healthy and just off to do their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might find that you enjoy the quiet day. Since Bill's kids are spread out everywhere it's usually only mine that we are with, but since they both have other parents and in-laws they have to juggle visits. I usually cook small for the 2 of us because we like the leftovers but this year I just don't feel like cooking!

    ReplyDelete