Saturday, February 18, 2017

It's a dark, rainy morning, although it's fairly warm for February. Hopefully the sun will come out this afternoon. I'm so tired of dark!

This week was a bit frustrating. I checked in with the oxygen supplier Monday morning and found out exactly what they wanted. Then I called the pulmonologist's office and spoke to Dr. Burbeck's tech. She said she would call the supplier. When I checked with the supplier they had received NOTHING! Lauren told me she would call the Dr. herself. Lauren also told me that we wouldn't receive any refills until this was straightened out. If you think that it might not be so bad, there is so much sickness going around that we don't need to go out, picture yourself in this situation. Your entire world is limited to a 50 ft. area. That's the maximum amount of tubing that can be used from the concentrator. Bill can go from the bedroom to the bathroom to the living room and part of the kitchen. He can go to the front door and bring in the mail, but he can't take out the trash or get a fresh trash bag from the pantry. He can't help me carry in groceries, or sit on the patio when it's warm enough. Not only does that make me have extra chores, not that I'm complaining, but it makes him feel useless. Again, they want you to use oxygen to live as full and normal life as possible, then make it extremely hard. But, there is a happy ending to this story. While I don't know if it has been straightened out, our delivery man, Billy, called early Thursday morning to see if we needed anything! I told him what Lauren had said and he said she hadn't told him anything so he would bring what we needed. So, we got a new 6 pack of small tanks.

Tuesday we got a call from Mayo with out tentative dates for Bill's annual check. They try to schedule it as close to the transplant date, which for him is May 3. The dates they gave us were May 8-10. I got online to start checking hotels and...it's the week of the TPC Sawgrass golf tournament and there are no hotel rooms, at least that are affordable. I told Bill that even though this was very important, I was not spending $300/night for a room! The next week is Brianna's graduation so that week is out also. I called them back and left a message with Stephanie. The same person, Kate, called back said that it couldn't be pushed back to April because it was full and June was too far away from his date. I told her that I would not drive for 2 days to then spend 4 nights sleeping in the car! She checked with Stephanie and he's being scheduled no for May 22-24. That means that we will leave the morning after graduation, but at least we will be there. 

There have been little things falling apart, one of our shutters in the laundry/computer room came apart at the top and all of the slats fell out of their holes. So that's sitting on the dining room table to be repaired, computer glitches with having to reinstall hardware, just little things that are frustrating.

Bill's birthday is next week and we're trying to decide what to do. He still wants to go somewhere, whether for just a day or an overnight he hasn't said. We do need to do some shopping, we both need new shoes among other things. We may go tomorrow or Monday to do that. The weather is supposed to be nice, sunny and in the 70s.

We also have eye dr. appointments this coming week. I will probably need new glasses but I don't know about Bill. He seems to be able to without them because he'll come out of the bedroom without them on.

That's been our week. When I think about how boring and normal some of weeks are without nothing interesting happening, I want SOMETHING to happen. But, we when we have a frustrating one like this past one, it makes me appreciate the normal boring ones more! 

I'll let you know what we did for Bill's birthday next week! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment