Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sorry I'm so late today but I've been very busy...stalking Facebook! I have dealt with a few emails and did make a quick run to Walmart, but the rest of the time has been Facebook. I thought about updating this last night when I couldn't sleep and I guess I should have done that.

The snow last Saturday started mid-morning and snowed all day. It was absolutely beautiful. I have never seen flakes as big as they were when it started. When they became smaller I knew it was going to start covering. We ended with about 2 1/2 inches. It got warm enough Sunday to melt everything, but then it snowed again Monday morning. It didn't stick but then it got cold all week. We didn't get out of the 30s much.

Monday I checked to see if Bill had a schedule for his check-up and he did...for the wrong dates! Of course when I checked it was after hours so I had to wait until Tuesday to call. I called Stephanie and she then transferred me to Kate who was handling schedules before they get to the schedulers. By Tuesday afternoon we had a revised schedule for the proper dates. We start on the first day at 6 am and the last appointment is a 1:15, covering 7 appointments.The next day is easier, only 2 appointments in the afternoon. The last day is a heart cath and we again have to be there at 6. The good thing about the really early appointments is that we will have handicap parking available and not have to valet or walk from the north 40!


Bill's car was ready Tuesday morning. I told Bill to take the back way home instead of going through town. I meant to take the road that is the most direct way to the house without going through town. I was following him and signaled to make the turn but he went straight! We were on the frontage road next to the interstate and we took it until it ended. I think he just wanted to drive the curvy roads! He did fine but the garage door opener was not on the visor. I disarmed the alarm system with my phone and then got out and punched the code in to open the door. We still haven't found the opener, but we also haven't looked for much.

The rest of the week was pretty quiet. Last night we got some storms again, but nothing very severe. There was one clap of thunder that shook the house and we heard lots of things rattling. I walked into the laundry room and one set of shutters was standing wide open! The rattling we heard was the slats shaking. I also saw that the clock had fallen off the kitchen wall. That was really some thunder! We had a couple of brown-outs and the power did go off once just long enough to need to re-set clocks. I had another one of Bill's tanks ready since I wasn't going out while there was so much lightning. We usually don't have much standing water but there was quite a bit in the back yard so we got a lot of rain.

Bill has a strange spell during the night. I think he just swallowed wrong which got him coughing and he couldn't catch his breath. I finally got him to turn on his side and that worked. This sounded different than just needing to cough from the emphysema so I don't know what actually happened. But just the sound woke me.

I'd better get busy and get something done that doesn't require the computer, although I do have a tax return to tweak. But since I have twiddled away the morning, I'd better find something else to do. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment