Saturday, March 11, 2017

This week was pretty tame after the excitement of last week.

I had a text from our daughter-in-law Amanda asking if we would feed them if they came to town on Sunday. Of course, what mother would say no, unless they weren't going to be home! We had a nice visit with them Sunday evening and I sent home a couple of plants and some old canisters and coffee mugs. They match a set that she has.

On Wednesday I called about Bill's car. It was supposed to have been picked up last Monday and we had heard nothing. I was told that they lost the paperwork and had no way to contact us. The number I gave them was the house number, it was in the phonebook, and we've always taken the car there for service so we are in the computer. But, that's neither here nor there. I also called to see if my new glasses had come in and they had, they were just behind in contacting patients. After I picked them up I got and email and a text telling me they were ready! I'm having a hard time with them. I can see, but it sometimes feels like my eyes are straining, especially my left one. This morning I tried putting them on as soon as I opened my eyes and while every once in a while they bother me. I have a very slight headache, but there's also a front coming through and I'm stuffy so it could just be that.

Thursday morning I had to take Amanda to see her neurologist. Bill stayed home and did fine, as I figured he would. I made sure he had eaten and taken his medicine. He had to get up a little earlier than usual to get the meds in. I left at 7, drove the hour to pick-up Amanda then the 45 minutes to the dr. We were only there 20 minutes! Then 45 back to her house and an hour home. I was back between 10:30 and 11! Very quick trip! The car got picked up Thursday afternoon and Bill's been on pins and needles ever since.

The dealer called about the car yesterday morning and to fix everything that they say needs fixed would cost almost $9000! That's right, 9 with 3 zeroes! We talked it over and decided to fix only the major things, to make it driveable again. It will still cost about 3000. I've really been working on him to sell it. My new reason, which he seems to think is right, is that we have enjoyed it and now it might be time for someone else to enjoy it. We won't be taking any long trips in it anymore with all of the oxygen equipment that we have to take so it's only going to be driven around town now. He didn't just flat out nix the idea, so maybe there's hope.

The nurse from our oxygen supplier came by yesterday afternoon and seemed pleased with the way he's doing. He's a very nice man and we enjoyed talking to him.

I've already been to the grocery store this morning since it's supposed to start snowing any time now. It's already rained a little and the temperature has dropped from 41 at 6:15 this morning to 36. There's no reason now to leave the house and I'm going to put on a pot of chili this afternoon.

I think that's it for this week. We don't have anything planned for next week except to pick up the car when it's ready, and that's supposed to be Tuesday. Stay warm and dry today! I think this front is affecting most of the country!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment