Saturday, April 22, 2017

Bill and I are feeling as exhausted as new parents! Sometimes we have wondered why we ever let Miss Kitty Cat into the house!

She came home from the vet Tuesday afternoon and made herself right at home. She used the litter box and hasn't gotten into anything she shouldn't. She did try helping me cook the first night and I don't think she's been back onto the kitchen counter. She's made a couple of trips on top of the dining room table but only once while we were getting ready to eat. I was pleased when she used the litter box for both, but Thursday morning she didn't use it for #2. She went in front of the dryer, far enough away from the box that it wasn't an accident. I took it that she was just going to be very picky and needed to have the box emptied every time, but she hasn't used it for #2 since. She always goes in the basic same place, even if the box is clean. So, more research on what to do about this and if any of you have cats, any and all advice is welcome.

The first couple of nights she was not happy when we went to bed and if we get up to the bathroom it takes quite a bit to be able to get back to the bedroom. Last night she didn't even move when we went to bed and I was up once and she didn't even move, but when Bill got up at 4:30 for the bathroom, there she was. I think it's because he closes the bathroom door loudly and I just pull it closed. She was also meowing at 4:30 the morning before. It's hard to go back to sleep, especially since the birds start in about that time. I think that is also why she starts in, that signifies something in the feral cat world. So that's why we're feeling sleep deprived like new parents. It also didn't help that Bill wanted to talk when we got back to bed! I finally told him if we were going to talk we were getting up so he quit and went back to sleep. I got up about 7:30, when I heard some meowing and a bell jingle, but feel very tired and headachy.

We don't seem to be suffering from any additional allergies. We're both stuffy this week, but the pollen has been bad and now it's turned very cool from the front that came through last night. Bill has had a harder time breathing and has been coughing more, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. 

That's it for this week, didn't have anything else going on, and next week is looking to be pretty quiet too. Hope yours goes well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment