Saturday, April 15, 2017

Our electrical problem from last week turned out to be a fairly simple fix and we could have done it ourselves if we had been given the correct information 8 years ago when we had a lot of electrical work done. We had been told when we installed the generator that the apartment, garage and air conditioner were on a new separate panel and not on the panel in the house. The electrician who came Monday tried and tried to find the problem and finally decided to look at the panel in the house. Lo and behold, there was one tripped. It didn't look tripped or even feel wiggly, but that did the trick! He has given us an estimate to have the generator changed from manual operation to automatic. It will kick in within 20 seconds of the power going off. We will also have that breaker changed because it tripped again yesterday just opening and closing the garage door.

We've had a good week otherwise. We took McKenna to counseling again last week and then out to eat. She's our chatterbox and talked the whole time...even after an hour of talking to her counselor! We got home just before dark.

When I went out to feed the cats this week, there was a new one having a drink. This one was a little skittish, but not like the others. It also "talked" to me. I've not heard a sound from any of the others. This same cat was laying on top of the trash can Friday night when I went out to take some fresh water out, and it came to me and let me pet it. Yesterday it was waiting by the back door for breakfast and then came around to the front door and meowed all day. We let it in and it was not scared so it has been around a house before. We've decided to keep it and took it to the vet this morning. It is a little girl and weighs a little over 7 pounds. She has a couple of sores on her and I think she's missing a tooth, but whether it is just a milk tooth or as a result of a fight we don't know. The vet wanted to keep her because she seems to have a little upper respiratory problem. One eye and her nose were a little drippy, just like us! So, she's staying the week-end. She has been taken care of because she got it the carrier willingly and was very quiet and content and let the vet check her out. Once she is well then she'll get started on her shots and get spayed. I had thought that I would name her Reese because her coloring reminds me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but I didn't put any name down and they just called her Cat, so that may be her name. We'll have to see! 

So, that's been our week for the most part. I printed/stuffed/labeled/stamped 107 flyers for my 45th class reunion. They still need taken to the post office and I was 3 stamps short so need to get those. Hopefully there will be more of a response to this than the email/facebook class page posts. We'll just have to wait and see. 

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment