Saturday, April 8, 2017

Welcome to our wonky world! When we were in Florida waiting for Bill's transplant and then during his recovery, I often wished for a "normal" life. And after we got home, we got a mostly normal life, and that gets boring. This week started as normal but it is ending with a bang.

As far as Bill's health goes, everything is normal. No problems at all. That's a good thing! I've had a headache most of the week and yesterday my eyes felt like I was really straining to do anything. I thought that it might just be allergies, because I can tell they are really kicking in, but I'm concerned that it might be my new glasses, although I've worn them for a few weeks now with no problem after the first couple of days. I know our allergy meter is high right now so maybe that's all it is.

I had to take McKenna to ball practice Monday and while we were in the car she pushed the seat all the way back to put on her cleats and....there was Bill's wedding band! He was quite happy to get it back and is wearing it along with the old one that fits so that it won't fall off again until we can get it sized.

Amanda spent the week-end in the hospital and they determined that it was just a nasty virus. At one point they said she was on the edge of becoming septic, so we were relieved that it was just a virus. We saw them Tuesday. They had some paperwork that needed notarized.

We've notice this week that our thermostat has been acting up. It would reset back to the factory settings at different times of the day, usually in the middle of the night. It's been cool enough that we still need the heat at night, although we had a really warm on and had the air on one night, them back to the heat.

Yesterday Bill went out to walk and I was working on some paperwork on the computer and had to reset the thermostat again. Bill came in a little later and asked what happened with the power. Everything was fine in the house, but there was no power to the garage or apartment. We check every breaker and couldn't find anything and Bryan came after work and checked a few other things with no luck. He's coming back today with his meter to check some more. In the evening it got cool in the house and I kicked the temp up a little, but the furnace kicked on. I remembered then that the furnace and air conditioner were on the same panel as the garage and apartment. So, no power there, no power on those. It's still a little cool in here this morning, but bearable. It's going to get pretty warm today, so the house should warm up soon.

If Bryan can't find the problem then I'm calling an electrician Monday morning. Not going to call today, don't need to pay the week-end rate, especially since it's not really affecting the house itself.

We took McKenna to counseling Thursday. Her session was from 4-5 and she had a softball game at 6. It takes an hour for the drive, but I got her to the ballpark with 5 minutes left for her to get to the dugout. She had her uniform with her and she changed in the car, after making Pa promise not to peek! After we got home our neighbors Joe and Barb came over for a bit. We noticed as they were leaving that the handle on the security door was very loose, but none of us could figure out how to get to the screws! So, I had Bryan look at it last night too, and he slid one piece down and there they were! We had all tried to get it to move with no luck! So another honey-do for him! I guess that's what these sons-in-law are for. 

We have recently found out that we had a great-grandchild born last week, and we have 2 more due before the end of the year, one in early October and one in mid-November. I think these will make 18 great-grands!

So, that's been our crazy week. But, baseball has started so that makes it all better! The saga continues and I'll let you know how it all turns out! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment