Friday, May 12, 2017

This has been a challenging week, at least for me and electronics. Healthwise there was nothing new going on. I have noticed that Bill's memory has not been good this week, but I think he's just dry. I've had to make him drink more.

My laptop crashed Monday morning so had to get a new one. It came in Thursday and I'm still working to get it set-up. I finally made some progress with it today. I wish they wouldn't come pre-loaded with apps "they" think I want. I've spent a lot of time going through everything to uninstall some of them. I'm also trying to remember what I had on the laptop that I want to put back on. Luckily I save everything to "the cloud" so I didn't lose much. At least I don't think I did.

I did a little experiment with our internet service. I don't remember if I said anything about AT&T dropping the bandwidth which doesn't let us watch baseball through our Roku device. I noticed that during the day we didn't have any trouble with it dropping...until 5:05. I was even checking facebook on my phone periodically. Yet, in the evening we can hardly get a game started when it starts reloading it because the bandwidth has slowed. I'm pretty sure that after we get back from Mayo we're switching providers.

I got pretty short tempered with Bill about his oxygen the other day and that isn't like me. I was having trouble changing tanks and he said something about it. I told him he should learn to do it himself. He also disconnected his tubing from his concentrator by yanking the tubing when it gets caught on something instead of looking to see what it's caught on. I don't know if I was just tired or what.

We've had another round of storms this week. The cat was really unsettled with the storms Wednesday night. There was a lot of lightning and she was very agitated. She also
got into things before it started storming that she hadn't gotten into before. I don't know if it's because she's feeling better, or if it was the storm. She has finally just about stopped sneezing and her eye that was so weepy has cleared up and is open most of the time. Now if she would just poo in the litter box!

We've been busy getting ready for Brianna's graduation and then our trip to Mayo. My sister and niece are coming for the graduation and I feel kind of bad that I have to kick my sister out so early the next morning for us to leave. We are going to leave later than I normally would so we'll have to go through Memphis instead of the way I prefer to go. But the extra hour that adds would make it too late getting to our first stop. I would really be tired.

I'm trying to find out if we can get one of the portable oxygen concentrators from our supplier. They've been working on it all week. With graduation and then 2 days in the car, all of Bill's tanks would be empty and we need at least 7 hours of O2 for the first day of appointments. Hopefully I'll hear something Monday. There is a place that rents them for travel but I don't know how much lead time they need. Just one more thing to stress about.

I'm sure there was more going on this week than I've remembered here. I may have to start writing and saving it as a draft as things happen! I know I don't cover Bill's health much anymore, but that's the beauty of transplant...you generally go back to leading normal lives. But, I keep this up for my mother who lives in another state. And, even if our normal lives give people some hope, or a laugh, then my job is done.

And speaking of mothers, Happy Mother's Day Sunday to all of the mothers out there, especially mine. If you still have your mother, at least give her a phone call. I know I'll call mine!

This may not get updated until we get to Mayo next Sunday afternoon. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment