Saturday, June 17, 2017

Good Morning!

It's only a little after 6 and I've been up for an hour. She still thinks 5 is a good time to wake up, and usually once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep, no matter how much I want to. Of course now that she's had some loves and a little food, she's back up on her perch snoozing away.

This week seemed to drag on forever. We got part of the outside painted. (Of course we didn't do it ourselves). We found that some of the trim had dry-rotted so I had to get a new piece of molding. It just needs cut. 

It was extremely hot all week, in the 90s with the heat index 95-100 most days, so we just stayed in as much as possible. We had a chance of rain every day, but most days it by-passed us. We finally got some yesterday and ended up with about 2 inches in about 4 hours. One town not too far from us got more than 4.5 inches! They said that the little cell just sat over the area for awhile. There were also some high winds and some places got some hail. We had a little wind and no hail that I could tell. It did drop the temp from 90 to 69 in a couple of hours before it started back up, ending in the 70s. 

Bill has done well this week. His coughing comes and goes and this week it mostly went. He seems to cough more as bedtime gets closer. I haven't followed it enough to see what could be the trigger for it. A couple of times this week he has used an extra pillow at night, although sometimes he gets all scrunched down so he may as well only have one.

Yesterday, for the first time in the 5 years since his transplant, I forgot to give him his medicine in the morning! I didn't even think about it until it was almost time for his night doses! That is so unlike me! And, I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me and I remember when it went off! I don't know if it's because we're getting up earlier or what. Bill doesn't get up at 5 with me since I try to keep the cat from waking him up, but he's been up by 6:30 most mornings, which is very early for him. So, I don't know what it is. I do know I was a little grumpy yesterday morning so maybe that was it.

That's about it, nothing major or newsworthy, and that's a good thing! Until next week, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment