Saturday, June 3, 2017

Good Morning! Our cat has decided the last couple of mornings that 5 am is time for breakfast and she'll start batting my cheek and sitting on me to wake me up. But, it does give me some quiet time with my coffee.

Our trip home was uneventful. We drove 11 1/2 hours the first day and 4 hours the next. We made it home with 1/2 of a big tank of oxygen left, and we nursed it along until we got resupplied yesterday. Bill stayed home a lot just to conserve it as much as possible.

Stephanie called with his biopsy results and it showed no rejection, so he's good to go. We're doing the stool specimen collection now and I'll be able to mail it next week. The one from yesterday got contaminated and I don't think I have one of the collection things. But, we had some and I may have put it away in the closet in the bathroom.

We've neither one felt really well this week. I think it's probably more to do with being exhausted than anything else. But, we have nothing that has to be done this coming week, so we can continue to rest.

We're getting the screens replaced on the house and then getting the house washed. The man we had hired to power wash the house did about a 3rd of it and hasn't come back. He also ruined a couple of the screens which is part of the reason of replacing. But, they were also 18 years old and were seeing signs of age. While the screens are off, Joe, the one doing the work now, also washed the windows. We have the kind that will fold in to wash them from inside the house, but doing that involves moving furniture. I don't have to move it as much to just do the inside ones. That was my plan for today, but since I got up so early, I don't know. It's supposed to be somewhat rainy today so I don't know if Joe will be able to work or not.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with our oxygen delivery man. We were talking about how inconvenient it is to travel with all of the tanks, and having to stop to change them when empty or going into a store. He said that the ones who make these decisions on supply and reimbursement need to get out into the real world to see just what patients go through, especially travelling. He said that writing letters to congressmen would be a good place to start. So, I'm gathering addresses. I'm also going to check to see who is on which committee that makes these decisions. Who would have thought I would become an activist at the age of almost 63!

So, that's our week. We don't have any travel plans now until July when it's a trip to Illinois to see family and attend a class reunion. We have a grandson getting married in September in Oklahoma and we're not fully committing to that. They may do a destination wedding and that may be the deciding factor. Then it will be time for another trip to Mayo in November and by then the year will almost be done.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment