Saturday, June 10, 2017

Sorry to keep you waiting today. I woke up sick and have spent most of the day in bed. I still feel lousy but decided to do this before going back to bed.

We had a quiet week ourselves, but it was a very productive week around here. We got all of the screens replaced and the outside windows washed. We also got the house washed and it looks so nice! Instead of hiring someone to pressure wash it, a friend of mine recommended Jomax Mold and Mildew cleaner and preventative. This stuff is great! You mix the cleaner with bleach and water, then spray it on the siding, let it sit 10-15 minutes and spray it off. That's it! There were a couple of places that had to be brushed where the buildup was heavier, but most of the time you could see it sliding off. We couldn't believe the difference. Now, to get the painted surfaces scraped and painted and the outside will be done.

Like I said, we didn't personally do much this week. Bill did get out and walk once. I went to the dr. for just a check-up and to get new prescriptions. Connie, the nurse practitioner, told me that I was perfect. All of my bloodwork was good, weight not so good but she doesn't tell you what you already know. I showed her the place on my ankle that I thought was a strained Achilles from the way I sit (curled up with most of my weight on that ankle), but my sister had said it looked like the fatty tumors my mother gets, so it needed seen to. She felt it and said that part of it felt like a tumor, but the other side didn't. So she's referring me to an ortho to have it checked out. He will probably want an MRI of it to make sure what it is. I'm still just waiting to hear back on it.

The cat that lives under the house now, I call her Lola, has had her kittens. I only know this because she's not as fat as she was and she now eats like a horse! When they are old enough to venture out I'll get animal control to come and trap them. Our kitty gave us a good laugh the other night and it was one of those situations that will cause giggles for quite some time after. She was sitting on her perch looking out the window. It was dark and she was really watching something. All of a sudden she jumped up and jumped down from her perch and took off running to the kitchen. We both looked at the window to see what scared her and it was a....lightning bug! She had been watching it intently until it lit up and that's when she took off. Bill laughed for an hour!

He's done pretty well on his own today. He hasn't eaten like he should have, but he did fend for himself. I think I will feel like cooking something light, at least for me, but he'll get a decent meal tonight. We went out to eat last night, and I think my whole problem is that I had a big salad. Sometimes I can digest greens and sometimes not so much. This just happens to be one of those times. I also have had a bad headache, but I think that it is from not having my usual amount of caffeine.

I don't think we have anything on the calendar this coming week, unless I hear from the other dr. I need to get some things ordered that we've been talking about getting. May do that this evening. They won't get here unless I get them ordered.

This is longer than I thought it would be for not doing much this week and not feeling well. I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment