Saturday, June 24, 2017

Tropical Storm Cindy has come and gone, and we are none the worse for wear. It had been forecast that we would get 4-7 inches of rain. We may have gotten 2 inches and there was so localized flooding, in the places that usually flood with heavy rain. 

We had a quiet week, not leaving the house much. It was still so hot and steamy. Thursday morning it was 77 when I got up at 5:15 and 78 Friday at the same time. The rain didn't cut the heat much, except for when it was raining at times. We did have one little storm earlier in the week that dropped the temperature from 90 to 69. But as soon as it stopped raining, the temp started climbing again.

Bill hasn't had any issues this week, just the usual ups and downs. He had a couple of days where he stayed hydrated without me having to nag him, and then a couple of days where his mind was cloudy, which usually means he's a little dry. When I say that he's dry, I don't mean that he's dehydrated as most think of dehydration, but his blood volume is low. And, no, I don't check that, it's just how it was explained to me.

I'm still waiting for my referral to the ortho dr. about my ankle. Hopefully I'll find out soon.

We found out this week that one of the two great grandchildren we're getting this fall is a boy, so I've been looking at baby patterns. I think I cast on 10 different patterns before a very simple, but intricate looking pattern dropped into my lap (actually in my Facebook Newsfeed). I've also tried to work on some of the other projects I've had (4 afghans in various states of completion) and have aggravated the carpal tunnel in my right wrist and thumb. I don't know where I put my braces so I've been struggling through with just my compression gloves. I still really want to work on the afghan that causes the strain (it's really heavy and I have to manhandle it across the needles), But I want to finish it because the child that it's for is afraid that it will never get done!

That's it from this end. Just another normal boring week at our house! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment