Saturday, July 8, 2017

It's a gray, muggy morning and feels really oppressive outside. But, it's comfortable here in the house, so it will be another day of staying in as much as possible.

We made it through the 4th but I didn't think the neighborhood fireworks would ever stop! Just when we thought they were finally finished, only a little break and then start up again, I knew they had gone to buy more before the stands closed. Fireworks are only sold here before the 4th and sometimes New Year's Eve. Of course they give really good discounts the closer it gets to closing time.

When I went out on the 5th to feed the cats I was greeted by a very aggressive growling, barking dog under the house. I couldn't get it to come out to chase it off and I couldn't find the number for animal control to come get it. The number in the new phone book was not the right number. I called every vet in town and they were all closed for the holiday. I guess they took Tuesday and Wednesday off. I finally called the non-emergency number for the police and got the number. I didn't get a call back until late in the afternoon and the dog had finally left by then. I didn't see it leave, but I could at least open the back door. I was worried about the cats, but finally started seeing them that evening. Have only seen 2 of the 3 that are usually around, but there are others in the neighborhood that feed them, so hopefully it has just moved to another house for a few days.

We had some heavy rain on the 4th and I noticed some new water spots in the laundry room/computer room, so it looks like a new roof will have to be done. We had a roof put on shortly after we moved here and then have had it patched 4 times. No-one can seem to get the join sealed where the add-on is. I think I'm going to get quotes for both shingle and metal. I don't really like metal roofs but if it will solve the problem permanently I will get used to it.

Bill was pretty lazy this week again, mostly just sitting and working his puzzles. I don't think he walked any. I'm thinking we need to bring the treadmill into the house and maybe he would use it more, but he doesn't want to do that. I have noticed that the past few days he hasn't been coughing as much. I don't know just what that may mean, whether good or bad. But, it's something to ask Dr. Burbeck about when we see her next month.

I think we're going to see if Brianna wants to stay here with Miss Kitty while we are gone instead of boarding her. She's gotten so used to having the run of the house I hate the thought of her being in a cage for a week. But, they have been on vacation this week so I haven't been able to ask her. They are supposed to be home sometime today so I can find out then.

That's all for today. I probably won't post next week. I'm not taking my laptop with me and since we are going to be busy visiting with friends and family, there probably won't be anything to write about. 

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment