Friday, August 18, 2017

Decided to post tonight instead of in the morning. I don't think anything will change between now and then except we will go to sleep.

We made it through the first week of school at the Have Homeschool Academy! Actually McKenna did much better than I expected she would. She didn't have to be prodded to keep working and she got most of her hours in. She lacks about 2 hours and she can do those over the week-end. By Arkansas law they have to attend 30 hours per week.

Bill did quite well with the extra commotion. I can tell he's feeling much better, although he did more coughing today than he had. But, the weather was so strange this week, it's not surprising. I've been stuffier the last couple of days too. It's supposed to rain through the night and then clear off by afternoon.

Tomorrow is the baby shower. I still have to wrap everything but since Kenna isn't here tomorrow the dining room table will be available. I'm leaving Bill alone, but that will give me an out to leave the shower. It doesn't start until 4 and it's about an hour each way. I'll need to head back to make sure I'm home before pill time. I'd like to be home before dark, but don't know if that will happen. We went out to eat tonight to a place I knew we'd bring some home, so he now has supper for tomorrow and I don't have to worry about him trying to cook something.

We're heading off to view the eclipse Monday. I don't know how far north we will go, it will depend on how heavy the traffic will be. We're going to get 90% coverage here so we won't have to go too far to get almost total coverage. We have our glasses and I'll use this weekend to make sure we have plenty of water and sandwiches and snacks in case we are delayed on the road. I did find out that this will count as an education outing for McKenna so she will get credit for the hours we spend watching.

That's been the rest of our week after the Dr. appointment Tuesday. We'll get back on to our regular posting schedule now, I hope! See you all next week. Remember, if you're going to watch the eclipse, make sure your eyes are protected!

No comments:

Post a Comment