Saturday, September 16, 2017

And again, all good things come to an end. We both started feeling a little odd Wednesday evening, like we were getting a cold. The weather had changed from hot and dry to cool and rainy, so it wasn't surprising. Thursday I woke up feeling absolute horrible. Not only cold symptoms, but upset stomach and diarrhea, but Bill felt fine. I started pushing fluids (as soon as I took care of the bathroom problems) and taking some cold medicine. Felt worse as the day wore on and had a miserable night. Woke up yesterday morning and hit the couch, still feeling queasy. Bill asked if I needed to go to the Dr. and I said yes. I haven't felt this bad in years, ever since I had strep way before Bill had is transplant. I noticed that his cough sounded a little worse, so we both went to the Dr.

The good news is that I don't have strep. But, we both have severe sinusitis. Mine is worse than Bill's but we both have it. We are both moving air well so it is not in our chests, which is also good, especially for Bill. So, meds for both of us. We have the same antibiotic but Bill has Prednisone and I have Sudafed. I can't take Prednisone and the pharmacy was out of Sudafed. Even though it is over the counter, since it is one of the main components of meth, Arkansas made it so that you can only get it by prescription, and it has to be a paper script, it can't be called in. Brianna took it in for us and got the other meds. The Sudafed should be in Monday.

We started the meds last night and I already feel better, but I'm having a reaction to the Augmentin. It is aggravating my rosacea. I have a red streak starting down my cheek and my face is started to itch after only 2 doses. So, I'll call Connie and stop taking it and see what she wants to do. I thought I was better when I got up, but when I walked into the kitchen to feed the cat, I was suddenly so weak I could hardly stand, so I know I still need to take it easy again today. Coffee and food helped, but I told Bill that loading the dishwasher may be the only thing that gets done today.

Our Florida family made it through the hurricane with minimal damage. Bill's sister didn't get power back until yesterday afternoon. Don said he was very grateful for air conditioning! A niece lost part of a fence and some branches. They also lost power, but have a generator. Our part of the hurricane just brought cooler temps and rain, which probably contributed to the illness.

That's pretty much the gist of our week. We're going to just keep things quiet for a few days. Things around the house will get done eventually. I really need to mop the kitchen floor. I was opening a bottle of ginger ale and it exploded. Even though I wiped everything up, the floor is still pretty sticky. But I don't think it will get done today...maybe tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a good week, I'm going to curl up with my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment