Saturday, September 23, 2017

This has been another week of doctors for us. Tuesday night I started seeing flashes of light at the side of my vision with my right eye. This happened several years ago with my left eye, and it's a sign that the retina may detach. So, Wednesday I got in to the eye dr. This also happens with normal aging when the eye dries out and pieces of the viscous pulls away. The eye is fine, I have a new floater and the retina is fine. But, he wants to check it again in 6 weeks. McKenna was very interested in it. When I got home I told Bill that they had dilated it and she told me I wasn't supposed to drive with it like that! I had my sunglasses so it was OK. She was also interested in keeping track of how dilated it was. She told me at one time I looked like a frog!

Wednesday night Bill started running a low grade fever and was chilled. He also started coughing again. He had just finished the Prednisone Tuesday but we were both still taking the antibiotic. He coughed most of the night and stayed in bed all morning Thursday. I messaged the dr. and asked if she just wanted to do another round of steroids or if she thought she should see him. She did call in more Prednisone, but she wanted to see him Friday and do more bloodwork and a chest xray.

The xray was clear but his white count was still up so she gave him a Rocephin (sp) shot and take the steroid through Monday and repeat the bloodwork Monday. He seems better today. I told him the shot should knock out whatever was working on him.

Today it was the cat's turn. It was time for her shot to clear up the place on her neck. They are going to try another hormone the next time if it has come in. They've been waiting for a trans-dermal form instead of pill form, because we will never get a pill down her. I did get some more Neomycin gel since I can get that on the sore while she's laying down on my lap.

Our granddaughter had her baby yesterday morning. He was born about 5:30 and weighed about 6 1/2 pounds. They have already been discharged this morning. I told them we would wait until our infections were cleared up before coming to see him. McKenna can hardly wait to see him. She wants to kidnap him! We'll also have to take Kayden and Kiyann to see him.

That's been our week. I don't think we have anything going on next week, but we didn't have anything going on this week either! Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment