Saturday, November 18, 2017

Compared to the last 2 weeks, this one was a piece of cake! We spent a very quiet week-end and somewhat recovered from all of the medical issues. I did have to get one med filled for Bill and had to go all the way across town since the nearest and best pharmacy is closed on Saturday. 

Bill has still been tired, but yesterday he said he felt better and didn't get as tired walking as he had earlier in the week. I think part of that is just so much inactivity so it's more taxing to make an effort to do anything.

We didn't pick the cat up until Monday morning and she's just so pitiful. She still has a hard time walking and doesn't want to eat much. It's affecting her bathroom habits too and I was considering taking her back to the vet. I was able to get her to eat while letting her lay in my lap and holding her food bowl and she finally starting using her litter box. We're still using the shredded paper litter (gives us a reason to shred old paperwork) and she has worried at her paws so much that there is a little open place that I'm watching. She has chewed all of the glue off and I can see the stitches. They didn't say that she needed to come in to have them removed so I'm assuming they will dissolve or come out on their own. We both wish we hadn't had it done. 

If I didn't know better I would say we are having a blizzard from the sound of the wind whistling around. We have a wind advisory until this evening and it is really fierce. It's also very warm and we are to get rain starting later this morning but ending by early afternoon. It will be a good day to do laundry.

We got the new appointments for Mayo and I'm surprised they could get them, but since it's just labs and then Stephanie and Dr. Hosenpud, it was a little easier. They are going to use the results of the echo done in Memphis. We leave on the 9th and will be home on the 13th. Quick trip, and it will be tiring, but then we should be done for awhile. 

Bill does go see Connie this week, just as a follow-up. He is now off the Prednisone so maybe is sugar will even out and his A1C go down and we can stop using the insulin. He hates the shots, although I think it would be easier for him to do them himself but he won't even consider that idea! I'm trying to make him take more responsibility for his care. I know that I've contributed to his decline by waiting on him so much, but if I'm up why can't I get him something from the kitchen. I need to redo the med list that is in his medicine box so that anyone else could fill his weekly containers if I'm not available, including him. Maybe that's something we'll work on this winter.

The part has been ordered for the furnace, we just don' know when it will be installed. I've got to get the area cleared out first. Another reason to go through things!

We're having a very quiet Thanksgiving, just the two of us. I think I'm getting a very small turkey breast and Bill has said not to go to a lot of trouble. Turkey is about his favorite thing to eat, but I read an article this morning that said to think of a meal that we don't have very often and that brings us pleasure and have that instead. I haven't really been able to think of anything yet, and since turkey brings Bill pleasure...we'll have to see. But, we're not going to have a lot of leftovers that will just get thrown out. That's one thing I'm sure of!

So, that's been our week, just a normal one again. I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. Be thankful for what you've been given, even if it doesn't seem like much. Emily and I helped a young mother this week. Her ex-husband has custody of their children and he announced he was dropping them off this week-end for the week since school is out. She's been out of work with medical issues and told Emily she wouldn't be able to feed them, which would give him more ammunition. So we went together and got a Kroger gift card so they could have Thanksgiving. That's what the holiday is about. If you go black Friday shopping, be safe and use your heads. It won't be the end of the world if someone else grabs the last item of something you wanted. As for me....I'm staying home!


No comments:

Post a Comment