Saturday, December 2, 2017

December already! It seems like this year has flown by!

We had a pretty quiet week, compared to the last few. We've mostly stayed in with only a few short trips just to get Bill out of the house some.

I finally went back to the eye dr. Wednesday and all is well, just watch for any other signs of a problem. I don't even see the floater in that eye anymore, although the one in the left is still around. 

Bill has been coughing a lot this week. I don't think it is anything new starting but the remnants of the pneumonia and the emphysema. I told him yesterday that I could do 2 things. He's still taking Musinex twice daily and we could possibly stop that. But, that's keeping that pneumonia area broken up. Or, I could give him some cough medicine to suppress the cough, but I think that is the absolute wrong thing to do. I'm pretty sure that it is just fall allergies from everything I'm hearing and seeing. He was also complaining of having a "full" ear for a couple of days. I did increase his Zyrtek to twice a day and he hasn't complained anymore so maybe that has helped. It is supposed to finally get cold by the end of the week, so maybe that will help. Of course the front arrives Friday and we leave Saturday for Florida!

McKenna came for school Thursday. She hasn't been back here for school since Bill went to the hospital and has been doing well on her own. But, their internet was down and instead of waiting until evening to be able to work she came here. They have their standardized tests next week. I don't know if she will need to come here or not. I read through the log-in information this morning and they are going to be monitored more closely than before so if she gets kicked out she should be able to just wait 30 minutes instead of having to contact her instructor to have it reset.

We're finally going to take Kayden out for his birthday breakfast this morning, which is one reason for getting this update done early. Now I won't forget about doing it! He wants to go to a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, which is one of our favorites. Usually they just pick to go to Perkins since it is the main breakfast place in town, but he said he wanted to try this one.

I also may try to get some of the Christmas stuff out today. Kayden had said that he would help get things out of the attic, but it never did get into the attic last year. I just put it in the back bedroom. But, he'll be able to put it into the attic this year. I keep forgetting that he is a strong young man now and not just a little boy anymore!

I hear Bill coughing again so he may be getting up. It's time for his meds and he will need to get moving to be ready when Kayden says he's ready. I don't think I will update this until Monday night, the 11th after Bill's appointments. But, if something happens this week that needs noted, I'll post it. If you don't check back in before the 11th, you'll be able to catch up then. 

Better get moving, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment