Saturday, February 24, 2018

We've basically had a good week! I think all of the sickness is finally leaving the house. I have 2 more doses of medicine to take and I will have taken it all (for once). And Bill has not gotten sick, which is the best thing.

It has rained most of the week and before it is over today we will have gotten between 3 and 8 inches. I'm not sure how much we have actually had here since all of the weather stations seem to forget that our area exists. Anyway, yesterday our backyard looked like a small pond and now it's just a quagmire. 

I cancelled and rescheduled our eye appointments. We neither one needed to be out in the rain. There wasn't a problem with the late cancellation since I did it 2 hours prior to the appointment time, but I didn't make the decision until the night before.

Our heat went out again Thursday morning, and of course it was one of the coldest days this week, not that it was cold, but compared to the 70s we had had, 40s seemed cold. It was also damp. Our repairman had some family problems and wasn't working but Bryan came and figured it out and got us up and running. The coolest it got in the house was 61. I did break down and light a fire. I just told our neighbor that if he saw flames shooting out of the chimney to let me know. I used all of the dry wood we had and then went to Kroger and got 3 of their bundles. But, once Bryan had us going again we let the fire die down. I did have to get on Bill twice for messing with it. He forgot that he is flammable with his oxygen! He also made a comment that he didn't think he would ever not be able to do things he used to do all the time. I know he feels bad when he can't help move heavy things or just do a lot of the little things around the house that he used to do.

We got our dates for Mayo already! We are back on track for the beginning of May. He's got appointments May 1-3. He doesn't need a heart cath this year so that's good. That means they will do a nuclear stress test instead. I've got to get our hotel reservations made, but since we are there before the TPC Sawgrass golf tournament I shouldn't have any trouble.

We're supposed to have some severe weather this afternoon and evening. It's already started raining again, which makes me really glad that I went to Walmart early this morning. Didn't need much and was there and back in about 30 minutes.

Because of the weather we weren't able to do anything special for Bill's birthday yesterday. It's supposed to be nice for the next 3 days and we need to make a run to Jonesboro so we'll have his birthday meal out then.

That's about it. Lots of little things going on and nothing major as far as health goes, so all is good! See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment