Saturday, March 3, 2018

Sorry this is so late today. We've been without internet all morning. But, it is finally back, at least for now.
 
We've had an interesting week. Saturday evening we had some thunderstorms with tornadoes in the area. Two small towns close to us were hit, one had a hotel destroyed and a factory lost part of its roof. The other wasn't as lucky, most of the town is damaged or destroyed. We were fortunate that we didn't have the tornadic winds. Brianna did have some damage at her house, but nothing severe.

Monday was a beautiful day so we went to Jonesboro. We got my ring inspected, bought an extra charging cable for my phone and had lunch at Olive Garden. They have some really nice little lunch suggestions, smaller entrees. Bill ate really well, most of his salad, all of his spaghetti and 1 1/2 breadsticks! Then made a quick stop at Office Depot for some printer ink and then headed home.

Bill didn't do very well walking. We were parked in the second space from the door of the mall and I thought we were going to have to stop. He only made it halfway down the hallway and then sat and waited for me while I went on to Zales. Because he's having such a hard time walking and breathing now I've made the decision to buy a small, travel size wheelchair. He's not too keen on the idea, but I'll keep talking about it so he can think about it more. I told him that if we don't do that, he's going to end up totally housebound. We always use a wheelchair at Mayo now since there is a lot of walking there. Part of this decision is selfishness on my part too. He also doesn't do well by himself, although he did very well while I was sick. He also doesn't think that there's anything wrong with his thinking except for not being to remember things. But, I'm not comfortable leaving him and he won't hear of anyone coming to stay with him while I'm out for more than an hour. So, since I refuse to become housebound, we'll get the wheelchair. That may sound harsh, but since he wants to continue making plans to do things, this will take care of it. I suppose that we could request Medicare pay for one with his emphysema diagnosis, but these small ones are around $150 and we can afford it, so why go through the hassle.

It continued to rain Tuesday and Wednesday and we set a record for the rainiest February on record. I've never seen water standing in our backyard before and we've lived here 20 years. I did get some tax returns finished up and in the mail, but that was about it.

Thursday morning was rainy but it stopped mid morning. Our neighbors came over to get their taxes done and almost as soon as they left Ryan, Amanda, her brother Daniel, and the baby came for a visit. I knew they were coming to town Friday so I was really surprised to see them Thursday. While they were here Bill got his medicine delivered, and shortly after they left our oxygen rep came. 

Friday Ryan and Amanda and the baby were back and I had to dig out the baby toys and wash them up really quick. He's cutting teeth and was really chewing on them, just talking away. He's starting the babble stage now. He weighs 17 1/2 pounds and is only 5 months old!

Since we didn't have any internet this morning it threw my entire routine off. I decided to do some cleaning, but I had forgotten that I had used all of the bathroom cleaner. Then I decided to clean the fireplace of the ashes, but our galvanized bucket has disappeared. I did sweep the hearth (all the wood chips into the fireplace) and knocked all of the fireplace tools off the rack. That made me decide that nothing I touched was going to go right today so I would just do nothing today! I have a couple of small steaks thawing that I'm going to marinate in a little while for dinner tonight. But should I really be cooking?

All for this week. We have our eye appointments next week to break up the monotony of every day life. Hope to see you next week...if the internet stays up!

No comments:

Post a Comment