Saturday, March 10, 2018

This has been another week of ups and downs. And today for me is a down day, so I hope I can remember everything, at least the highlights.

Bill fell early Monday morning going to the bathroom. The only thing we can figure is that he either caught his foot in the bedspread or his bathrobe on the end of the bed, or he got tangled in his oxygen tubing. It scared him, especially when he couldn't get up and he had a panic attack. So, rescue inhaler and talking him into just taking deep breaths through his nose. He finally calmed down enough for him to get onto his knees and then he could pull himself up on the bookcase at the end of the bed. I just knew when he couldn't get up that he had broken his hip. He has some bone loss so it wouldn't have surprised me. He evidently hit his arm on something when he went down as he has some lovely bruises on his elbow, but he's not having any trouble walking or moving around and he won't let me look at his hip.

My engine light came on Monday morning and Bryan, Emily's husband, came over with his gadget that can read the error messages and it said that it is the sensor that reads outside air temperature. It did show that it was -40 outside!  I haven't called yet to get it fixed, and it doesn't affect driving, at least in town.

I finished the shawl I was making for my mother and got it in the mail Tuesday. She said she thought that it was going to be too short, but when she put her hands in the pockets it was just right. I thought the yarn would stretch some so all is good.

Thursday we had eye appointments and for the first time they put us in the same room. But, we were both seeing the same dr. so it made sense. We neither one needed new glasses and Bill's eyes are fine. Mine on the other hand...I have had a small hemorrhage in each eye that he suspects is just due to high blood pressure. He said my blood pressure was up, but it usually is there, but I did have a headache. He wants to see me in 3 months to see if they have resolved or if we need to explore other problems, such as glaucoma. But, my pressure was good in both eyes. I've also had a twitching eye/eyelid for a few days. He said that's usually caused by stress, so he told me to reduce stress. I just told him easier said than done!

Kenna came over yesterday for some help in math. It's the end of the 9 weeks and she was failing math. Her teacher was going to re-open some assessments for her to retake and we brought her grade from an F to a C. She worked really hard all morning. Brianna came to study some and have lunch. She has decided that she's not going to apply to the nursing program in the fall. She has 3 really hard classes she has to take and they recommend that she take them before she starts the nursing program. I think she has made a good decision on that. They left after lunch and about 3:30 we heard a sound like a moving truck was dropping a ramp. I looked out the window and a pickup truck had slammed into the back of a school bus. The bus stop is right in front of the house. The driver of the truck was injured and you could tell from the way the truck looked that he hadn't even attempted to stop and we heard no brakes. So, 4 police cars, 3 ambulances and 20 onlookers, plus parents from other stops coming to see why their kids weren't home yet were all in our front yard. None of the kids were hurt but the driver of the truck was taken to the hospital. This guy always races up and down the street and he was probably texting since he didn't even attempt to stop.

My lunch didn't agree with me yesterday so I was in and out of the bathroom. Some good friends that we haven't seen for a long time called and wanted to know if we wanted to meet for dinner. We went but I really should have declined. I managed to eat 1/2 a baked potato. But, I enjoyed the conversation and we stayed until Bill was ready to go, and was about to need an oxygen change. I still don't feel well and went back to bed after feeding the cat this morning and didn't wake up until the alarm went off for Bill's meds. He was just getting ready to go to the bathroom so I told him to get his meds and then we both went back to bed until 8:30. 

I was supposed to go shopping with Emily and the girls today. It was my idea, I'm just needing to get out and do something and since Bill can't walk far and is still so far against the wheelchair, there's no fun in him going. He thinks that this is Emily's idea and I'm just going to let him keep thinking that. But, I don't feel like going now. I'm probably not going to get dressed. I'll just have to get Bill settled in one day this week after lunch and go by myself. I really just want to wander through the mall and window shop, there's really nothing I need to buy.

So, that's been our week and my energy is about gone for now. Until next week, enjoy the time change!

No comments:

Post a Comment