Saturday, April 28, 2018

It was another week of Bill gasping for air every time he moved from one room to another. I don't know how to make him understand that if he moved more, even for 5 minutes, his breathing would get easier. He is drinking enough, I think, but now I'm having to make him eat. He'll just tell me that he's not hungry if I ask him what he wants to eat, so I've just started fixing him something and taking it to him. And, I know, that defeats the purpose of him moving!

The week has been damp and rainy for the most part and we've both been pretty miserable. Between the rain and the high tree pollen we have both been coughing and stuffy and nothing seems to help. Bill is using not only his maintenance inhalers, but his rescue inhaler, zyrtek, Flonase, and Benadryl to try to stop his drainage. I've used his rescue inhaler a couple of times and Flonase and Benadryl and still feel as stuffy. If I'm not stuffy, my nose is draining like a water faucet. It will be a pleasure to get to the good sea air Monday!

I've started keeping a stress diary, to see just what stresses me more than usual and what I can do to fix that. My blood pressure has been in the normal range most of the week. Yesterday was the first day in several that I felt good. I didn't have a headache when I woke up, I felt rested and had some energy. I don't know if the B12 finally kicked in or just what it was. There were a couple of times that could have been bad, but it just didn't faze me...until last night. 

We tried using the oxygen mask while Bill was putting his pajamas on. He was gasping for air and not getting anywhere. He had used his rescue inhaler and was still getting no relief. So, I got the mask out and put it on him so that he could just breathe through his mouth. And he pulled it off and threw it across the room, at least as far as the tubing would allow. So I reconnected his nasal cannula and put the mask back in the package and left the room...without saying a word. I know that he has a hard time remembering things but I get so tired of repeating the same things to him that will help him if only he will listen.

At one point yesterday we were talking about his walking and his eating and I finally said, "You know I'm right, but you aren't going to believe it until it comes from a dr. are you, after all what do I know, I'm just "the wife". And he agreed! So, it will be interesting to hear what Dr. Patel has to say Wednesday.

Except for laundry and packing, we're as ready as we can be to leave in the morning. Brianna is coming to get the cat this afternoon. She knows something is up as she's been very clingy the last couple of days.

That's all for this week. Sorry for the long rant, but that's how it is here. I don't know if I will update this after we see the dr. on Wednesday and get all of the test results, or if I will just wait until we get home Friday and do a regular update. It will probably depend on what we find out. Just check late Wednesday to see if there's something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment