Saturday, May 26, 2018

She did it! Kenna made it through her year of virtual school! She passed all of her core classes but she really had to push this last week. As much as that child likes to talk, she doesn't like to talk in front of people and 2 of her assignments were presentations. Luckily, she ended up not having to do them. One of her teachers kept changing which assignments needed done which complicated things some, but all of the required assignments, except for a final math project was done on time. She and her mother decided that her math grade was acceptable so she didn't do it. I'm not sure I agree with that decision, but she's not my child.

Bill and I have had a decent week. He had labs done and his white count was higher again, yet he feels better and seems to have more energy. He's been walking around the house and getting his own coffee and breakfast and not getting as winded walking. So, it's a mystery. He sees the dr. Tuesday, so we'll see what she says then. Emily thought it may be a glitch in the machine since an abnormal came back on a child and because of what he had presented with he was sent to the children's hospital in Memphis, where the blood test was perfectly normal.

The smart watches/pedometers came in this week, and while I like mine, Bill didn't like his. The main drawback is that you have to push a button to see the time. And, I couldn't sync both of them to my phone at the same time. It sometimes doesn't pick up like it should. It says I've only walked 24 steps today and I've probably tripled that. But, it does show my sleep patterns, and I've noticed that I spend more time in deep sleep than I thought I did. 

Since Bill didn't like his watch, I got online at Walmart and found a simple pedometer that he can set and put in his pocket and forget about it. It worked for 1 day. I don't know if something pushed against it and drained the battery or just what happened and I haven't spent the time yet to see what happened. We also got some light handweights and some resistance bands. So, we're ready for therapy. We still haven't heard anything about when it will start and we weren't required to have these things, but I thought we can both use them later.

The books came in and surprisingly, Bill is reading a couple of them. He started reading one that is more spiritual about anxiety and he's almost halfway done with it. He also started the one I wanted him to read about living with COPD. The other one I got him about COPD is more of a therapy course over 10 weeks. So we'll see if he does it. I really like the book on Taking Your Life Back about caregiving. It has some worksheets and questions after each chapter and I'm really trying to be totally honest in my answers. I haven't started the book on stress yet as it came in last.

I've done really well with my water intake. I found a sport bottle that holds 32 ounces which is 1/2 of what she wants me to drink. I also found an app for my phone and I can pick which size vessel I'm using. It reminds me every 2 hours that I need to check in with how much I'm drinking. I've also done well with cutting out the soda...until yesterday. My IBS decided to flare up so I was drinking more of it to keep my stomach settled. But, I figured that only getting away from the water for 1 day wouldn't kill me immediately. I've also kept the food diary honest, and I haven't stopped eating as I had before. If I eat jelly beans, I put down jelly beans.

Emily and I are meeting for breakfast this morning and going over some of the things for Father's Day. It looks like the surprise of Bill's kids is mostly going to happen. I still haven't heard from 2 of the boys, and 1 grandson and his new wife are coming, which is another surprise. We're then going to do a little shopping. Bill is fixing his breakfast now so I don't have to worry about him eating.

We have no plans for the holiday. I've seen a lot of comments on Facebook from friends about going with grandparents to decorate graves, and it reminds me (although I always have cherished this memory) of going with my grandmother. We would get to one country cemetery in time for the legion 21 gun salute and then we were allowed to pick up the spent shell casings while Grandma tended the graves. It was also a time when there would be family members there that we didn't see a lot, so Grandma would have a nice visit while we inspected the graves. That's probably one of the reasons I love walking through cemeteries to this day. I have passed that interest to Ryan, and I think that Bri and McKenna both like it too.

It's about time for me to get cleaned up to head out to meet Emily. Have a good weekend and week ahead. Sure doesn't seem like it should be June already!

No comments:

Post a Comment