Saturday, July 28, 2018

Not much news to report this week, just getting back to normal. There were no appointments anywhere for either of us.

Bill is getting used to not having to wear his oxygen all the time, although he forgets to put it on when he gets up for something and I have to remind him. He's finally  off all the antibiotics and steroids. Hoping his blood sugar will start to stabilize and we can dispense with the shots. But, if not, at least we're in a routine with them now.

Our weather changed this week, cooler and a few drops of rain. We are so dry the grass is dying. Rain comes, oh so close, and then bypasses us. The air is so dirty from the farmers in the fields, although all the fields have been burnt now so we don't have to deal with the smoke any more. But, with the weather change, Bill has started coughing again. Johnny the home health nurse heard some crackles again way down in his lungs and I meant to have Emily set up bloodwork for Monday morning but forgot. She won't be in the office this week. She's chaperoning a church youth group trip to Houston for a Fine Arts Competition. But, I can always call and set it up. I just don't know if Amy will come by herself.

I got the results from my esophagram and it is not Zenker's Diverticulum. I have a Shatski's Ring at the bottom of my esophagram that is causing the problem. It could have been there since birth, or it could have been caused by acid reflux. Either way, they are getting clearance from the cardiologist to schedule an endoscopy with dialation and the nurse said that should take care of the problem. This is usually just an out patient procedure and I will have to have a driver and should only have a sore throat for a couple of days. But she said that should solve the problem. I'm still finding different trigger foods. I ate a "pig salad" the other night which is salad greens with chopped pork on top. Salads don't usually bother me, but, instead of the pork which I suspected would be a trigger, it was a bite of tomato. When I was finally able to eat again it took little tiny bites and an hour before I finished. Last night I fixed a pot roast with potatoes and carrots and, again, small bites, chewing very slowly, I was able to eat all of it with no problems. It will be so nice to enjoy food again!

Yesterday was McKenna's 14th birthday and Kiyann's 11th birthday so we went out for our traditional birthday breakfast. Usually we go to Perkins but this time we went to IHOP. We only have a small IHOP Express located in a Love's Truck Plaza so it has a limited menu. But, Kiyann had never been there and the rest of us like it and it's good food, so that's what we did. They through the credit union to get their birthday money (it's what they requested) and then back home.

Kevin came to evaluated Bill for continued physical therapy and he's going to request another 4 weeks. He's still improving but not quite to his goal yet, of being able to be on his treadmill.

That's been our week, just a nice normal week. We don't have any appointments next week either so it should be nice and boring as well. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment