Sunday, August 26, 2018

Bill had a good day yesterday, as days go when you're in the hospital. He was still in bed when I got there, but asked to be put in this chair right before lunch arrived. After he ate he was given a bath (finally) and I think felt much better, although it tired him out.

He took a walk down the hall for the first time. He had walked in the room the day before but got a little dizzy so they didn't try to go any further. But yesterday he ventured out. His room is not quite in the middle of the hallway and he walked from his room almost to the end of the hall and back. I was following with a wheelchair and he didn't have to use it, but he was glad to sit down when we got back to the room.

His oxygen flow has been reduced from the high flow to where he is at home, but they still have it humidified. I don't know if that will be the new norm, or if it's just for while he's still recovering. (It has taken me forever to type that word, guess it's what I get for doing it in the semi-darkness).

The cardiologist came in after I left last night. His nurse said she would be back today but didn't say if he would be or not. I'm not going to the hospital. I've got to do some things around here, like laundry and I need to go to Jonesboro to take care of something. As Joe, our neighbor said last night, only a short drive (an hour compared to 90 minutes and less traffic). Tomorrow I'm going late as I have an appointment to get the oil changed and tires rotated on my car. But, the drs. usually don't come until close to lunch time or after and I should be there by then. My appointment is at 8.

I think Bill realizes that he's not ready to come home, even though he feels better. We talked about it, that even though he feels better and is coughing less (although he was doing more coughing yesterday than Friday) that we would be right back in the same boat if he came home now. I know he misses the cats and sitting in his chair and watching the TV channels he likes. So, since cardiac rehab should start Monday he will probably enjoy that. I'm taking him a suitcase with some clean undies and some clothes to go home in. I actually figured they wouldn't discharge him if they had to do it naked! But then you never know!

I talked to him last night and he had eaten all of his dinner and was just about ready to get into bed. I told him to call me as much as he wanted today and if I needed to come down I would. But I think he'll be fine. His nurse and aide yesterday were wonderful and there are a couple of other week-end nurses that I like a lot so maybe he'll have one of those.

I'd better go and see what the cats are getting into. Until tomorrow's report, enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment