Friday, August 31, 2018

Bill is home! Dr. Threlkeld said that he thought the germ had been hit with enough high powered antibiotics that it was gone and dead and that Bill felt well enough to leave. The cardiologist's nurse practitioner made sure that I felt comfortable bringing him home before writing the order and he was discharged a little after lunch yesterday.

He's still rather weak and did come home with a walker (that he hasn't used), and still gets winded some when he walks. I told him last night I would gladly wait on him...yesterday. But today he starts moving more again. We're going to make up a schedule for him so that he doesn't just sit and watch TV all day.

We were both pretty tired by the time we got home and got meds picked up, and there was a weather front coming through that gave me a super big headache. Some Tylenol finally knocked it back and I was able to cook supper. It didn't taste good to me, but Bill ate 2 good size helpings and then had some cookies for dessert. 

He's still sleeping, but it's early yet. I'm into my normal routine of feeding the cats and getting MY stuff done. But, if I don't go out, I may just stay in my pjs and robe all day. It's cloudy and already warm and I think we're supposed to get some more showers this afternoon. We got a little rain last night but again there was more thunder than rain.

I don't know if I will update this tomorrow for the regular update. You'll just have to check back to see. But, I'll be back next week for the regular Saturday update, and of course if something should happen in the meantime, I'll get it on here. So, until next week, we're resting up and taking it easy for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment