Saturday, August 11, 2018

How quickly things change! Bill's cough has not gone away, and Thursday he started coughing up some really nasty junk. I called the infectious disease dr. and they are want to see him Wednesday. His appointment is in the morning so if he needs IV antibiotics, they can infuse him in the afternoon. One of the antibiotics they use takes 4 hours to run and another one takes 30 minutes. Either way, it's going to be a long day in Memphis.

The girls came yesterday morning and drew labs and his white count has gone back up to 15. So, started on Rocephin shots yesterday evening. Home Health is doing them and we saw Ricky for the first time since his emergency gall bladder surgery. So, we had a nice little chat. He'll be back today and tomorrow.

Bill seems to be somewhat better already. He isn't coughing as much, but any exertion sets it off and he's laboring some to breathe. I've bumped his oxygen back up to 3 and he's keeping it on all the time. I've also started giving him some Benadryl to stop his nose from staying so full and that has seemed to help. He had a slight fever yesterday when Ricky was here, but Tylenol took it down. He's staying covered up all the time, and the thermostat is set on 76, which is higher than normal, although I bumped it down some last night before we went to bed. So, there's the update for Bill.

I have my echo on Thursday afternoon, which is another trip to Memphis. But, I'll be glad to get it over with and get the clearance I need for the esophageal dilation. I've been doing pretty well, but the other day I had problems with a sandwich. I've eaten more things that would bother me before, just taking super small bites and eating very slowly. I've found that breaded meats don't seem to cause a problem, but grilled and roasted do. I guess the breading helps for some reason. Anyway, I'll be glad to get things going for that.

Our little 3 legged cat came home from the vet Monday. She's a sweet little thing, likes to nuzzle and she can scamper all over the place. Cat does not like sharing her domain so we're keeping them mostly separate. Cat hisses every time she passes the kennel or the kitten if she's out. She's only swiped at her twice. Of course she doesn't have any front claws and can't hurt her that way. I read an article on introducing a new cat and may try that. And if Cat still can't adjust, the kitten will have to go outside with the rest of her litter, which was my original plan, or we'll have to find a home for her. The vet named her Mousie so now we have Cat and Mouse! They both go back to the vet Monday, Cat for her yearly check and Mousie for suture removal, although I think she's been working on that. She's got 1 place that's been seeping.


So, that's been our week. Hopefully everything will go smoothly next week and we'll both be on the road to better health. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment