Saturday, August 18, 2018

This has been a busy week, and one with ups and downs. It went very quickly it seems, but with being so busy probably makes it seem that way.

Bill finished his Rocephin shots Sunday, and there hasn't been much improvement. He really needs to be in the hospital and he's just refusing to go. I can't say as I blame him much. I may have said in a previous post that it will be at least 8 hours in the emergency room. They get you back to a room, and we've been there when patients are lining the hallways on gurneys, but generally it's 8 hours before moving to a room, or being discharged. I know there are a lot of logistics involved, but...

Anyway, we were both disappointed at his infectious disease appointment Wednesday. We (I) was hoping that they would give him some IV antibiotics that they have used before in hospital, even sending him home with them if necessary. Instead, they just had him give a sputum sample and gave him a prescription for Levaquin and sent us home. We had gotten there early, and got in early and were leaving the parking lot at his scheduled appointment time. We had prepared for a long day and were home by 1.

He decided on the way home that he wanted to go with me Thursday for my echo, so I called some friends and asked if they would like to go and keep him company in the waiting rooms. They said they would and when it came time to leave, Bill said he didn't feel well enough to go. So, Bambi went with me and Floyd stayed with Bill. It usually takes 1 1/2 hours to get around the city and I always allow 2 hours. This time I had to call and let them know that I was coming but that we were stuck in traffic. There had been a nasty accident on the interstate and it was in the lanes I had to be in. The alternate route would have taken us through a mega construction site and I didn't want that, so we sat for over an hour, inching along. When we finally were moving I told Bambi not to look at the speedometer! We ended up being only 20 minutes late for the echo and it took only 15 minutes. We got to the Dr. appointment 1 minute late.

The end result is...I have a heart and it is working perfectly. I have been cleared for the esophageal dilation and that paperwork was faxed to them that day. So I just have to wait for them to get a date for that. 

Since it was nearly 6 by the time we got home, we decided to get the guys and go get something to eat. We got all the way to the restaurant and Bill decided he didn't feel well enough, so we went through Zaxby's drive-thru and went home. I told him the only reason we didn't go to Memphis that night was that I was just too tired to drive back there! I thought about calling Emily, but I knew she was tired and would have to work the next day, but she said she still has 1 sick day she could have taken and she had taken a short nap before choir practice so she would have taken us.

Bill felt a little better yesterday and decided to go with me to Dyersburg to send that package back to Amazon. It took us forever to find the UPS store, the navigator had it in an empty field and it was at the other end of the highway. Turns out it is inside a bank building. I was only in there 2 minutes and I had my receipt that it had been dropped off and we were on our way home! Fixed us some lunch then off to Walmart to get some groceries.

After that, except for meals, we did absolutely nothing. We watched most of the baseball game and were in bed by 9:30. I had a headache by then so it felt good to lay down. We've finally gotten some rain, over 8 inches on Thursday morning, and another 2 inches in the night that closed the area schools because of flooding and power outages. Some of the major roads were still flooded late yesterday afternoon. That's probably the cause of my headache, and I've had a harder time breathing from the heavy air. I've been complaining about the dirty air and now I'm complaining about the heavy humid air...I need the beach and the sea breeze!

The cats are slowly coming around and tolerating each other. As long as Mousie shows Cat the proper respect by dropping to his belly, or running away when she walks by, the hissing has basically stopped, although he hissed at her yesterday. And yes, it is HE. His little boy parts are starting to show. He got his sutures out Monday and all of that looks really good. Cat got her shots and didn't feel well for a couple of days, but she's getting back to her pre-kitten routine. We've been leaving Mousie out of the kennel and he's done fine so I told Mistie she can take it away. Maybe in another week they will learn to play with each other. They have touched noses and done a little sniffing, but that's it. The kitten wants to be where Cat is and Cat is learning to play more, so maybe there's hope.

Next week should be easier. I have to take Kayden and Kiyann to the eye doctor on Thursday I think, but other than the last 2 physical therapy sessions, there is nothing on the calendar. Bill does go back to Memphis on the 29th and then the month is gone! Moving very quickly it seems.

So, that's been our week. Hopefully the Levaquin will continue to kick in and I'll hear from the gastro dr. about my procedure and we'll both be better. See y'all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment