Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Bill had his bronchoscopy yesterday morning and all I know is....he survived. He was the 1st one of the day at 7:30. As soon as they left the room with him I ran to the cafeteria for breakfast and wasn't gone 15 minutes. He came back to the room at 9:15 and that's all I know. I didn't get a phone call, from either the dr. or the nurse and I stayed at the hospital until 6 last night and we never saw a dr. The only person we saw was the nurse practitioner from the cardiology group.

Bill does feel somewhat better, although he is very weak. When he got up to use the bathroom, with help from 2 pretty good size guys, he was very weak and got very short of breath again just walking the 10 steps to the bathroom and then the same 10 steps back. He was still doing quite a bit of coughing but that is normal for after this, to clear the saline they use to rinse the lungs.

He's back on the same antibiotic as before, so I don't know if that is just a precaution, thinking that it is the same bacteria or if that culture had come back already. There are so many questions! His oldest daughter, Mary-Rose who is a nurse, thinks that he will probably, or should probably, come home with a picc line and at home antibiotics. I've been against that, just out of fear on my part, but after talking to our home health people, I'm pretty sure I can probably do it. And, any of the nurses from Em's office would be glad to come and do it, I'm sure. I talked to our home health nurse Ricky yesterday and he said to call him if we needed them.

Bill called me on my way home. We had had a little tiff, he was turning into the evil Bill and I finally told him I didn't know if I was coming today or not if he was going to act that way. Anyway he apologized for his attitude, and I apologized for mine. I know I was just tired and frustrated. I had been up since 4:15 and it was after 6, with nothing to really show for the long day. And he's just tired of being sick. I told him if a dr. came in to write down in the back of his puzzle book what they said and reminded him that he can't go home before Friday because of my procedure tomorrow. Whether he remembers or not, I guess I'll find out when I get there this morning.

I don't know if I'm taking my laptop today or not. If I have it I can always update at the hotel tonight and after the procedure Thursday. Like I said yesterday, I've not tried to update this using my phone and I don't know how it would go.

So, there you have it. I need to get busy and get my suitcase packed and gather my paperwork for tomorrow. There aren't a lot of special instructions, mostly about my medications. I don't know if I can get 1 pill down with only 2 tsps. of water, but that's all I'm allowed tomorrow morning, just my blood pressure medicine. If I don't take this, it will be Friday probably before there are any updates.

OK, I've to get busy. The kitten is into something he shouldn't be. Kitten/cat stories are going to have to wait for another time. Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment