Thursday, September 20, 2018

Bill is home! We got home about 7:30 last night. Ricky, the home health nurse called on the way home and said he would come about 8:30 to make sure that I could do the IV infusion. They are actually really easy. The medicine is in a ball so there are no pumps to deal with, it works like a vacuum. When the line is attached and opened, the ball collapses as the medicine flows through. It takes about 90 minutes and is done every 8 hours. 

The person who ordered his regular meds sent them to the wrong pharmacy so we won't get most of them for a week, and our insurance has been trying to contact the dr. about 1 of them. Another needs prior authorization, so it will probably be delayed also. If only 2 questions had been asked to me, this could have been avoided. Fortunately they were able to get the 2 most important ones sent to our local pharmacy for a weeks worth, so we'll be good there.

Dr. Threlkeld's office called this morning to check on Bill and we have an appointment the day of his last infusion. They are going to do some labs that day and remove the picc line, the home health nurse can't do it. If he still needs another IV they will do it there in the office. I need to set up an appointment with the ENT for around that time also. I don't know if I should do it the same day because we don't know how long the other appointment will last, and she wants him to be off all of the antibiotics when we see her.

Bill still can't hear out of his right ear. Hopefully it will clear soon. Then we can get the appointment with the audiologist for a more comprehensive hearing test. She said that she will be able to squeeze us in any time. We have an appointment with Dr. Burbeck on the 11th, so I'll see if we can get in on that day. Those 2 offices are right across the street from each other.

The cats, or at least Cat, was very glad to see Bill and she's started to meow again. I've found several places of vomit in the house and one of them had a hair ball in it so I think that's what was bothering her all along. Most of the vomit has just been liquid so easy to wipe up. I have to wash one of the throws again and there's a spot on the couch, but it should come out with just warm water.

I wish I could say that we've spent a quiet day here at home. Bill has but I've had lots of places to go, and I had to go to Walmart twice. I bought a small 3 drawer cabinet on wheels to hold all of the medical supplies that came with the IVs. The balls themselves have to be refrigerated, but there are saline syringes and heparin syringes and alcohol pads and an emergency epi-pen and then some supplies that Ricky will need to change the dressing. The first one I bought only had 3 wheels included so had to take it back. But, got it filled and since it has wheels I can move it around. After the IVs are done it can be used for lots of other things, so for $10 it's a good investment. I also had to get a few groceries and of course the meds.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow and most of the week-end so all of the cleaning, laundry and paperwork can be done then. We were supposed to go to our great-grandson's first birthday party but I don't think we're going to attempt it. It's too risky for Bill to be out among people right now. I hate that we have to miss it, but such is life.

We got to meet Brianna's new boyfriend last night and he's a very nice guy. He's also quite taken with Bri and she is with him too. They are just starting their relationship but they've already discussed what they are wanting out of life. They're still pretty young, only 19 and 20 so they have lots of time to get to know each other.

This will probably be the last daily post. I don't know if I'll post anything this Saturday or not, just check-in to see. We're going to go back to trying to live as normal a life as possible. Have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment