Sunday, September 16, 2018

I tried twice last night to update this and got interrupted each time. So I guess update time will be 5:30 in the morning when the only thing that will bother me is the cats fighting. But, Kitty isn't feeling well so she's staying away from Mousie most of the time.

Yesterday was a boring day. The only dr. to round early was the ENT and I missed him. I got to the hospital at 9:30 and he had been and gone. The cardiology nurse came a little after lunch and it was a new one. Cindy is on vacation this week. We didn't see anyone else until about 4 and that was Dr. Fox the pulmonologist. I just do not like him, and I don't say that about many people. He's very brusque and blunt, and blunt has it's place, but not in a hospital room with an elderly patient. Bill asked when he could go home and Dr. Fox answered with "Ain't happening any time soon" and walked out the door. I was stunned! No explanation as to why he had that opinion (I know why, but Bill doesn't understand), just the statement. Of course he only spends about 3 minutes in the room anyway.

Dr. Edwards, the cardiologist, finally came in right before I left. This was the first time in the last 2 admissions that we've met him, even So today I'm going to talk to whatever nurse he has, hopefully Marcus or Brian, and see if they will walk him. I would even be happy if they got a wheelchair and let him go to the end of the hall and look out the window at something other than a rooftop and another wing of the hospital!

Bill's son Harris suggested last night that we try to compromise with Bill a little. If he wants to walk, he needs to use a mask instead of the cannula. Since he breathes through his mouth so much the cannula doesn't do much good. But, the last time we tried a mask here at home he threw it across the room, so I don't know. But again, if it means he can leave the room, maybe he will consider it.

Dr. Fox did say yesterday that he heard every bad sound in his lungs that you could hear, yet the day before he was moving air well and the congestion we were hearing when he coughed sounded worse than the lungs. So, I don't know what's going on there. Maybe since he stayed in bed all day Friday and was still in bed Saturday when I got there it has built back up in his lungs.

I think Emily, Bryan and McKenna are coming down today, or at least Em and McKenna. She asked if visitors would help and I told her he's been asking if anyone was coming. So they got him a little gift basket of things I think he can have with no problem and are coming down after church. Bryan is going to come and get the thunderbird and clean it up and have the tires looked at. There are some flat spots in them, but his brother-in-law thinks that they will round up as it's driven and he's a mechanic who works for an auto repair shop.

That's about it. Other than the complaints about the drs., it was a very boring day and will probably be just as boring today. I am going to make him get up and cleaned up today since he will have visitors. He has clean pajamas to wear and his electric razor is there and he can wash up a little to be presentable for his visitors. I'll let you know how today goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment