Saturday, September 22, 2018

Just a short post this morning. Everything is going well with the IVs. Ricky came yesterday to change the dressing and Kevin came to re-evaluate him for therapy. He suggests we get a cane for him to use in the house. instead of using the walls. I guess when he had him walking he was a little unsteady turning a corner between the foyer and the hallway.

The worst part of the IVs is having to stay up at night. He gets the last one at 10, and it will come off at 11:30. That doesn't sound bad in theory, but we got to bed rather early, usually at 10. Bill can go to bed, but I have to stay awake until it is removed. The first one in the morning isn't bad, as long as the cats still get me up at 5. Kitty has been letting me sleep a little longer so it's been closer to 5:30. The medicine ball has to come to room temperature for an hour, which makes the morning one at about 6:30 instead of 6. But, we're managing to get them all in. 

Bill has fallen into some of his "old" habits since he's been home. While at the hospital he was constantly drinking something, usually tea or water. Since he's been home he's again just sitting and I noticed after he went to bed that he maybe drank 1 entire cup of coffee all day and only enough water to get his pills down. He's also very short of breath walking still. The new tubing with the mouth piece came in and it's not going to be useful. You can't feel any air coming from it. Unless it's a pulse piece, which means you only get the air when you exhale, it's not going to work. I'm going to do a little more research on it. And like I said, it only cost $5.95, so not out a lot of money. It also has a place to attach something for carbon dioxide, why I don't know.

The rain arrived some time after 3 this morning and it is only in the mid 60s! So, it's going to feel like fall today, for the first day of fall. I'll have to get my pumpkin put on the front door.

This is longer than I thought it would be! And another thought flitted through my brain while I was writing this, but for the life of me I can't remember it. Oh well, a topic for next week! Enjoy the first day of fall. There are a lot of festivals going on this week-end. We're going to sit here and watch the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment