Saturday, October 20, 2018

I don't know how coherent this post will be, or how long. I got my flu and pneumonia shots yesterday and today every bone in my body hurts, I'm stuffy and can't raise my arms above my head. I'm so tired all I want to do is go back to bed, but that won't happen for a while anyway.

Bill saw Dr. Threlkeld Tuesday and he added one more week of antibiotics. He also said that he wants to see him in 2 months, but if we are tired of drs. to put him on the back burner. I doubt that we do that since Dr. Burbeck said that she still sees pneumonia on x-ray and the IVs were keeping him from the hospital. I don't know what will happen when they pull the picc line next week! I see Dr. Raj on Thursday and they said just to come by the office and they will pull it, with no appointment. 

Bill has not done well this week. Every time he moves, especially walking to/from the bathroom, his O2 sats are dropping into the low 70s, low enough that his nails are turning blue from lack of oxygen. He does come back up, but I have to turn his flow up as far as it will go and he usually puts the cannula in his mouth since he just gasps for air. So far there have been no answers or suggestions. We are doing everything we can, breathing treatments and inhalers and nothing helps. I think if he just moved more it would help. Since he sits slouched, when he straightens up, all of the junk in his lungs moves and that causes the problem. 

He's been discharged from physical therapy. Medicare won't pay for any more since he only progresses so far and then has a set back and we start all over. But, we he was doing his exercises the other day, his O2 was at 97. We bought an are/leg exercise that he can sit and peddle and it came in this week. Ryan came over yesterday and put it together for him. Hopefully that will help.

Bill's daughter Aimee and her husband Lee stopped in Thursday night on their way to North Carolina. Lee was at the Marine Barracks in Beirut when it was bombed. There is a reunion every year at Ft. Bragg but he hasn't been able to go emotionally until now. They stayed for dinner and left yesterday morning. They may stop in on their way home Thursday.

While I was working in the kitchen Thursday I noticed some water on the floor and opened the doors under the sink. It was full of water! It hadn't done it when I washed dishes the night before, so whatever happened and just happened. While Ryan was here yesterday he found the leak, in the sprayer hose, and we finally found a replacement hose to fit. It's still not quite right as the bolt at the head is too big to go into the faucet, but it's usuable for now. We're going to have to replace the whole thing but it will probably wait until after we get back from Florida.

That's about it, I'm about done in. I hooked Bill's IV up at 6 and I've fed the inside cats. It's time to feed the outside cats and then I think I'll just sit and doze until it's time to remove the IV and then give meds. After that, I may go back to bed. Hope everyone feels better than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment