Sunday, December 9, 2018

There isn't a lot to say today, there were no major changes. He did have to have a unit of blood again. The albumin they gave him yesterday didn't give him the boost he needed. So, the unit of blood and another bottle of albumin. Austin, his wonderful nurse, was going to draw some more labs to see what his hematocrit was when I left this afternoon.

Dr. Fox said we will try another breathing test tomorrow to see how he does, and he is leaning on performing the tracheotomy sometime this week. He still doesn't think that he will be on a vent forever, whether trach or intubation. But he thinks he'll have an easier time trying to clear the secretions with the trach, and it can be suctioned easier.

Other than that, it was a quiet day. Bill didn't seem to be comfortable today. He was doing a lot of frowning. He also moved his legs a lot. His room seemed cold today, even to me, but it was so cold outside, maybe it was just that.

It was a pretty drive home today. It looked like the trees were all flocked, white and lacy. The roads were clear and there were no problems. I kept checking road conditions and waited until the accidents had been cleared and the power line across the highway fixed. By that time the roads had gone from icy patches to clear.

I'm going early again tomorrow to be there when they start the test. It seems to help him to have me there to talk him through it. And it helps me, being able to look into those pale blue eyes.

All for tonight...by the way, my shoulder is much better. The muscle relaxer did not make me drowsy and I didn't sleep real well, a couple of hours right when I went to bed and then awake every hour for about 4 hours. Finally really slept from 2:30 until 5:30. I took an Aleve as usual for the slight pain this morning and a little blast of Biofreeze for the couple of aches that were left over. After that, no problems. So, hopefully I'll be healed completely before long. I may try to knit something using bigger needles so the motions aren't as tight as with small needles. Now to find a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment