Friday, March 8, 2019

Bill got moved to a new room yesterday and he's not happy about it! It's just across the hall and he now has a roommate, who will either go home this afternoon, or next Friday. From the way he sounded he's supposed to go today, but a therapist said he's been extended a week. I hope they don't wait until the last minute with Bill.

I did not go yesterday morning. I stayed home and started getting the house ready for him. You know, he's been gone since November 15, and other than make sure I have clean clothes for 3-4 days and getting the litter boxes empty and the trash taken out, no cleaning has been done. So, yesterday was the day to start that. And I had to make sure that Bill could move around easily with his walker so some things had to be moved. I did take his walker after I thought there was space and walked around and have to tweak a couple of spots but I think we're good.

Anyway, that's when they called and said that he was being moved across the hall. I asked if he was OK with it and they said he hadn't been told yet. I told them how agitate he got when he was moved for the day so that they could redo his floor and her response was a surprised "Oh". So, I told her I would be there by lunch and stopped cleaning and got ready and hit the road. He had been moved by the time I got there and was with Erica the speech therapist. She had helped them move everything and the only things they left were his shoes (they were under the end of his bed) and his urinal.

I talked to the nurses and they said it was because they were getting 3 women in so they moved Bill to free up a room, but they said there were already 3 available rooms for women. They said none of the patients react well to change like this.

Bill and Tom, the new roommate, are not as compatible as he and James were. They liked the same TV shows, but Tom likes watching all the home improvement shows and Bill doesn't care for those much. Maybe they reached a compromise in the evening. I didn't stay long as I had a headache, probably from the stress of the move myself and still wanting to be working, so when Bill left for occupational therapy I came home...and then didn't do anything. From being on my feet so much in the morning, in just my slippers, my heel and ankle were extremely sore and I could barely walk by evening. They are somewhat better this morning, but I don't have my slippers on, I put on my memory foam tennis shoes. They look really good with my pjs and robe!

I'm not going until this afternoon again today. I have an eye dr, appointment this morning. I also feel a little yucky. I cooked last night for the first time since Bill left (makes it sound like we're separated or something) and woke up in the night with acid reflux and early this morning with diarrhea. I think it's just because it was something different, like "real" food and not something prepackaged or picked-up at a drive through. My sinuses are also draining constantly. The weather is changing again, already had a little rain in the night and by tomorrow supposed to get a line of storms through.

I realize this post is more about me than Bill. I did talk to him a couple of times after I got home. He also had physical therapy after I left and he said he was pooped. He did mostly walking and some leg exercises with weights. They brought his dinner and he said it was some sliced meat. I asked if he meant chopped and he said no it looked like sliced steak so I told him to just take little bites of it and not to cut big pieces. Maybe they are trying to get him ready to transition to home. He called to tell me goodnight and said he had eaten all of it but I don't know whether to believe him or not!

Maybe we'll find out something this afternoon about a definite date. Hopefully it will be Wednesday since that's what he has circled on his calendar. He'll be very disappointed if he has to stay longer, roommate or no roommate! When we know, you'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment