Thursday, March 7, 2019

Busy, busy day yesterday. Almost as soon as I got Bill out of bed, and I was a little late getting there, Physical Therapy was at the door...even before breakfast! I heard later that he was only there 1/2 day so wanted to get going early. Unfortunately, Bill was not ready to get going early. He did do some leg exercises while he was waiting for his breakfast tray and then the therapist waited impatiently while he slowly ate. I think he wanted him to eat it fast so they could continue, but one of Bill's requirements is to eat slowly and small bites. Sometimes he takes it too far with the small bites, but that's usually when he's pouting about having to eat at all.

He finally finished and they took a walk. He said they only had to stop twice and they went a good distance. Almost as soon as he left, meds were brought and then occupational therapy showed up and whisked him off. Then, as they were coming back she said that the aide was on his way as it was shower day. Bill did not want a shower but, he got one anyway. 

He got to rest a little after that and speech came in. I had brought Bill's tablet/notebook as requested and they placed a little hidden object game. He and I played a word search game later.

When lunch came he started in with the "I'm not hungry and don't need to eat right now" which leads to "If you don't eat they are going to start the tube feedings again" and I need to ask them today how much more weight they are going to let him lose. He's down to 133.8. Of course when I get him home, I can fatten him up with some empty calories. His blood sugar has been wonderful since he's off the Glucerna. Funny how that's supposed to control blood sugar yet raised his. 

I left after lunch. Since there is so much to do here to get things ready for him I told him as much as he wants me to be there with him, because he gets bored and lonely, I have to get the house ready for him to come home. So, I came home and for awhile was a whirlwind. I brought his dirty clothes home and threw them and a few things of mine in the wash and then grabbed me some lunch. Then, cleaned off the dining room table and picked up cat toys and emptied all the trash cans and cleaned the litter boxes and got all of that mess outside and to the curb for pick-up today. When the clothes were done I folded them, put his back in the laundry bag and put them in the car so I won't forget to take them back. Got the dining room ready to sweep today and then...poof I was done in.

This morning I already have all the throws in the wash, they're probably ready to go into the dryer, I'm going to finish some tax returns before I forget them and miss a business deadline and then get busy again. I told Bill I wouldn't be there until this afternoon, but since most of the time he has therapy in the mornings, I just sit and knit or crochet all morning anyway. At least today I'll be productive.

Tomorrow I have an eye dr. appointment at 10 so I won't go until afternoon then either and I'm not sure about the week-end. We have to have a handrail installed at the front steps and Ryan is supposed to do it tomorrow or Saturday, if I get it ordered.

Even though I'm going to be working here at home and not curled up with a book or the cats, it feels like a day off, and I guess it is in a way. But, it felt good yesterday doing "normal" things and I think I'm going to enjoy vacuuming, sweeping and mopping today. I think I am, at least I tell myself I am. And with that, I'd better go check the laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment