Friday, March 1, 2019

I did not make it over to visit Bill today. At 3 this morning I knew that it was not going to happen. I sent Emily a text at 6:30 and said I needed to come to the dr. and then a bit later sent one to Ryan asking him if he would go sit with him. He left almost immediately and when it was close to the time that our dr. would be arriving at the office, Em sent Brianna after me.

I don't have the flu, which was our fear. I do have bronchitis and my chest x-ray showed a little cloudiness, but not enough for her to say that it was pneumonia. So, I have 2 antibiotics and some cough beads and can't go back to Bill until I don't have any fever. It's only low-grade, or was this morning.

So far all I want to do is sleep and I've slept off and on all afternoon. I did finally eat something and I'm staying hydrated, and I'm ready to go back to bed.

Ryan said that Bill had a good day. He did get his toenails trimmed and he said they are pretty short so hopefully it will be awhile before he will need another trim. I have the name of a podiatrist to call when we need to. He did say that he wasn't hungry for his lunch, but the aide told Ryan he ate a big breakfast so Ryan didn't push him to eat.

I haven't talked to him since this morning but probably will before long. He should be eating right about now so I don't want to call. He may call me when he's finished. I need to tell him that Emily and the girls are coming tomorrow afternoon, and depending on how fast the meds kick in and the fever goes away, I may be able to go Sunday, or Ryan will go back.

Bill's sister also has this and actually sounds worse than I do, so it could be we picked something up at a restaurant or something. The only place the 2 of us were alone to eat was at the hotel for breakfast, other than that Don was with us too, and he seems to be fine. So, it's a mystery.

And, now that this is up to date, I'm going to say goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment